View Poll Results: How many times have you dropped your Pre/Pixi?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once

26 29.55%
  • Twice

19 21.59%
  • Three

18 20.45%
  • Four

8 9.09%
  • Five (*** is wrong with you lol)

17 19.32%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It happen so much I hear it saying "dive-dive" as it submarines to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    What if you've never dropped it? The option is missing from the poll.
    +1
    no drops here!
    17 times. Not a scratch. On concrete, oak floors, linoleum floors, etc.

Beginning to think it's bullet proof.

I've started texting my iPhone using friends each time it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    What if you've never dropped it? The option is missing from the poll.
    And what if it is more than five? Is there really anything above "what the f is wrong with you"?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Dropped, thrown, or tossed? There is a difference in the velocity at which it hits the floor (tarmac, sidewalk, ground, etc.)
    I....have no clue why anyone would throw their Pre.

Motorola KRZR > Palm Centro > Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    And what if it is more than five? Is there really anything above "what the f is wrong with you"?
    Buy a good case

Motorola KRZR > Palm Centro > Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre
    1st Pre (from launch) lasted until about a month ago when it had a power button malfunction.
    2nd Pre I dropped on carpet from like 3-4 feet and it got a double crack from the upper left to lower right. (the LCD broke not the outer screen.
    3rd Pre is a refurb from asurion. Has some oreo but I fixed it up. (BTW I don't blame Palm for any of this...lol!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Ist time last week while on the exercise bike listening to pandora with the headphones in. I lifted my arm and accidentally hit the headphone cord and it knocked the pre off the bike first hitting the side of the bike and then the hardwood floor. I freaked for a second but everything was fine. It's been fine since also....a little snappier since I dropped it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    I....have no clue why anyone would throw their Pre.
    Probably by playing the skee-ball game and accidentally letting the Pre go.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    1 time. Fumbled around trying to stop it from hitting the ground and was unsuccessful. Nothing happened to it though.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Dropped mine once on the top right corner. I tried to use the screen after this and it would not recognize the touch. I open and closed it about ten times and then it would work. This type of issue would happen about once a week over the next few months and then I had to get a refurb. Other issues started to appear such as very fast battery drain ect.
    I have had mine hit pavement and a hardened baseball field sand area (dam magnetic belt holster sucks) at least 3x between them that i can remember and the Pre held up nicely! Yes some minor scuffs but thats it, thank god!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Dropped mine once, onto a concrete floor from waist-height. It slipped out of it's SPE pocket pouch, and hit the floor hard. Not so much as a scuff on the case or touchscreen, but the LCD inside cracked and stopped working. :-( It still worked to receive calls, though.....
    I have had my second pre (broke first screen from 2 ft drop) for about 6 weeks. Just got my phantom skinz yesterday and haven't had time to put one on yet. I set the phone on a shelf about 4 ft up in the garage today but wasn't paying good enough attention and it slipped off and hit the concrete floor. Face down. Just like my breakfast toast...butter side down on the floor this morning. I got one small scratch on the screen, a ding in the left corner and a small ding on rt corner. Man, it's the first drop and decent cosmetic damage (nothing worse thank goodness). I read about all these other drops with no damage...grumble grumble. Hopefully the skinz will cover up the scratch cause it is driving me crazy!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12