1.    #1  
    Ok I've found that my Pre has a very obvious factory defect (Its had it since launch day, but I've had a invisi shield on it and just assumed it was part of the invisi shield and supposed to be there. Its a perfect circular raised section in the right gesture area, its actually very annoying. Could I get my Pre replaced because of it... even if its completely obvious my Pre has sustained much water damage? (it functions at 100%, its only cosmetic)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Ok I've found that my Pre has a very obvious factory defect (Its had it since launch day, but I've had a invisi shield on it and just assumed it was part of the invisi shield and supposed to be there. Its a perfect circular raised section in the right gesture area, its actually very annoying. Could I get my Pre replaced because of it... even if its completely obvious my Pre has sustained much water damage? (it functions at 100%, its only cosmetic)
    if it's not a factory defeact like you get a dead pixel or something I don't think you can replace it. Picture?
  3.    #3  
    Well.. you see I'd post a pic... but my only camera is my pre... and a mirror won't do because its on the other side.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Umm, are you sure that's not the punched out circular part of the invisible shield that was where the center button is? If you don't make sure to pop it out cleanly and get rid if it, it could end up under the rest of the invisible shield....
    What are your signs of liquid damage?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Umm, are you sure that's not the punched out circular part of the invisible shield that was where the center button is? If you don't make sure to pop it out cleanly and get rid if it, it could end up under the rest of the invisible shield....
    That could be it... Huzzah... you fixed my small meaningless problem, and now I can't return my device.

The water damage = behind the screen it looks wet. (someone in another topic said it won't dry up, however I think it might.)
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Not trying to hijack thread, but do dead pixels get you a replacement?

Motorola KRZR > Palm Centro > Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    it might but then again there is always an A hole that doesn't care.
    Rudementry, sometimes you say the craziest things. When people take you seriously, it makes me laugh!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    As jordan23945bulls said... it really depends on the Sprint employee you talk to at the time. If you strike out at one location, go to another Sprint repair location. Unfortunately, any love I grow for Sprint usually winds up getting sucked dry by some employee with a over grown sense of power. /rant

It should warrant a replacement if it is truly dead. I would also suggest going to Device Info/Preferences/Interactive Tests. The first set of test is the device displaying full screens of 5 different colors. This will allow you to actually see if there is a dead pixel (it will be more noticeable with certain colors). **Many users mistakenly think they have a dead pixel after installing screen protectors because there can be a bit of dust or debris that will cause it to look that way).

Anyhoo... back to the main reason for the thread...

@lurkerx... good call on that punch-out being under the protector