Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    This is day 2 with the Sprint Pre. I LOVE it compared to my 3GS. The question is, I took it off the charger today at 845am and it was hot to the touch. I just looked at it around 920pm or so and its at 50%. I have only barely used it today.... What should I do? My 3GS lasted about 1.5 days with a good amount of usage and never got hot...... Thanks in advance!

Also, I can't install preware.... I can't get it to show in quickinstall
    Last edited by EAkrish; 01/14/2010 at 09:34 PM.
    my pre gets hot sometimes too idk why I had it since it 1st came out and one time my battery lasted like 2 hours idk why but it hasn't happened since then battery on the pre is good for me now it's usually around 9 hours.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    9 HOURS!?! thats horrible IMO.... I guess normal though?
    You can help the battery out with a little tweaking. Make sure you have wifi turned off when you aren't using it... and change your email settings to check mail at larger time increments (ie: every hour instead of 5 minutes). The battery does drain faster, but they are making it better with every update... hang in there!
    yes 9 and that's actually good for a pre some people get a few hours idk why. But it's good battery life better than the iphones yes it's normal for a plam pre.
    is it charging on the touchstone or the usb? Mine gets hot on the touchstone. Give it a min the battery should be ok. Mine has done that a couple of times but it seems to be ok after the last update.
    if you suspect there is some strange thing happening with the battery, its better to do a reboot of the phone.

orange+sym+r
    Also something to consider. For the first few days or so, your battery will be somewhat terrible. It does improve a lot once it's been through a few changing cycles. I'm getting around 14 hours on a full charge now
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    yes 9 and that's actually good for a pre some people get a few hours idk why. But it's good battery life better than the iphones yes it's normal for a plam pre.
    Im on my phone all day long. I took my phone off the charger at 8 am and i have not had it back on the charger yet and i still have 29% on the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Also something to consider. For the first few days or so, your battery will be somewhat terrible. It does improve a lot once it's been through a few changing cycles. I'm getting around 14 hours on a full charge now
    Very true
    Quote Originally Posted by EAkrish View Post
    9 HOURS!?! thats horrible IMO.... I guess normal though?
    Normal varies quite a bit. It depends on a number of factors, such as your email setup and frequency of email receipts, the strength of your phone signal, use of wifi, bluetooth, etc.

Personally, I can get about 2 days from a charge, but I prefer to top it off more often.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    i am charging through the usb until my touchstone comes in the mail. I don't know how to change the increments. I am going to change it to a exchange push set up
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    nevermind, figured out the email thing
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    also, preware wont show up.....
    I use the crap out of mine. It comes off the charger just after 8 am and I listen to music on my subway and bus rides, then use it during the day with gmail and exchange push. I web browse, text, take occasional calls. It would last until I get home at 7pm, but I find it better to top it off around 4pm (it usually has 50% left though).

my girlfriend uses her pre much less often (just phone/text and light gmail) and hers lasts 2-3 days.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    do you have gmail set up as items arrive? or do you have it set up as a gmail account. Aslso, does anyone ahev any pointers on how to get Preware to install on the phone?
    I'd be happy to get to 9PM on 50% charge.

How are you trying to get Preware on the phone? Is it in DevMode? Installed Novacom drivers? Does WebOS Quick Install see your phone?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    webos sees the phone, I have novacom'ed twice. I can't find preware to get it on the device.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    as in, i do not know how to get preware into webos quickinstall. I can't find it to download it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast