1.    #1  
    Dropped my Pre in the toilet on Monday, its been in the rice since, and I just tried turning it on. At first, It refused to work. It came on alright, but afterwards the touch screen started being super messed up. It would click like 15 times in a row all over the screen. So, I turned it back off and cooked it in the oven for about an hour. Turned it back on now, and its working absolutely fine. There are 0 problems with it. (just called a few of my friends, they were surprised) Except behind the screen it looks like there was a slight water spill, but I'm sure that'll dry up right?
    the water under the screen wont dry up i had an issue where i spilled fruit punch on my centro but at least the toilet wasnt full (hopefully)
  3.    #3  
    It won't? Dang that sucks. No chance of returning it to Sprint for anything else then, they'll immediately spot it and complain it was the water damage.
    Fisrt off, im glad it turned on!
    secondly, did you really bake it????!!
    "We're Desperate, Get used to it!" - John Doe and Exene Cervanka of X
  5.    #5  
    Yes sir I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Yes sir I did.
    Your a brave soul!
    "We're Desperate, Get used to it!" - John Doe and Exene Cervanka of X
    no its pretty safe the only real risk would be if you closed the oven and made a nice molten plastic cookie
  8.    #8  
    Oops. I closed the oven. I'll remember that, next time I'll just broil it.

By the way I only cooked it at 170. I'd preheat it, turn off the oven, put it in on a towel, then leave it for about 20 minutes, take it out, re heat the oven, turn off the oven, and put it back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Oops. I closed the oven. I'll remember that, next time I'll just broil it.

in.
    can i have part of that molten pre
  10.    #10  
    I don't think you'd want it, the slider is a little wobbly.
    the wobbly kind are the tastiest!
    just remember not to mix chocolate chips with oreos and you should be fine
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Only read as a last resort...

I read on another forum where a guy went swimming with his phone (not a Pre) and after 30 minutes, realized it was in his short's pocket. He dried it in rice in a sunny window for a couple of days and then he was told to dunk in in alcohol. The alcohol pushes out the water and alcohol evaporates quickly out.

**I am not held responsible for damages to Pre or Liver!
  14.    #14  
    I actually thought about putting it in rubbing alcohol but decided not. Its working fine now.
    Last edited by Rudementry; 01/15/2010 at 12:45 AM.
    haha.. glad to hear its working. Just remember... alcohol is not just for breakfast anymore!