1.    #1  
    Seems like just recently app catalog apps are also available in Preware. I wanted to check out an app, clicked it, the app catalog seems to open ... and boom: "Restart needed. You are no longer logged into your palm profile with this phone. Restart phone." - freely translated as I'm running the German version. Then there is the button "Restart now". Okay, I click that button not knowing that the Pre is doing a partial erase for me!

Since the update to 1.3.5.2, the app catalog didn't work for me ("Action couldn't be completed. Try again later."). So I can only recommend you to not access app catalog apps from Preware!

If you didn't backup PalmDatabase.db3 and PalmAccountDatabase.db3 from /var/luna/data/dbdata/ via Quick Install, you will now have lost your data like texts, call log and the like as those data are not saved in the Palm profile!

Just yesterday I had to doctor my Pre as the 1.3.5.2 and Preware didn't get along so well and something was wrong with my webOS. Damn, I'm so glad I backed up those db3 files via Quick Install! So I only have lost the data of a day or so, which is not as bad as loosing everything...

After webOS has booted, it starts downloading the previously installed apps from the catalog and the "my apps" card opens and shows all apps. I recommend activating WLAN now to download them as fast as possible. Do not click any of these apps in the list during download (besides on that pause button) as this will open the app catalog again... and boom!

After all apps are downloading, run Quick Install > Tools > Send File to send those 2 db3 files to /var/luna/data/dbdata/ again. Restart the Pre afterwards. Apart from some minor settings, you should then be at the point where you backed up last.

After 3 partial erases, I now recommend disabling the Palm feeds in Preware to not let this happen again.

Anyone who had the same problem?
    Last edited by ronino; 01/17/2010 at 01:54 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Okay, I'm back with a fully functional Pre running webOS 1.3.5.2 with access to the app catalog and Preware without any problems.

Here's what did I to solve the problem described above:

• doctored my pre to webOS 1.3.1 (as O2 Germany doesn't offer a 1.3.5.2 version of webOS doctor yet) as I then had access to the Palm profile backup functionality which gave me a "no longer logged into palm profile" error before, too
    • removed all installed Preware applications and patches
    • backed up my Palm profile to not having dozens of apps installed via the slow mobile connection after resetting the device (as I can start WLAN only after the Palm profile stuff is reinstalled, for whatever reason)
    • backed up PalmDatabase.db3 and PalmAccountDatabase.db3 from /var/luna/data/dbdata/ via webOS Quick Install
    • backed up the data on the USB partition/directory
    • did a full erase
    • doctored my pre to webOS 1.3.1 again
    • didn't install any app on or copy any file to the device
    • upgraded to 1.3.5.2
    • copied PalmDatabase.db3 (and not PalmAccountDatabase.db3) back to /var/luna/data/dbdata/
    • restarted the Pre
    • č voilą, I'm back with access to the app catalog and can install catalog apps from Preware (which open the app catalog when clicked)

I think the reason for the previous error doing a partial erase could be one of the following:
    • having used Emergency Migration Helper from Preware after the upgrade to 1.3.5.2 which gave me no message whether it worked or not (I think something went wrong here and this is the most probable reason)
    • having copied over also PalmAccountDatabase.db3 after the error and resetting the device (which I doubt is the reason)
    • having had installed any Preware apps (I doubt it)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronino View Post
    Okay, I'm back with a fully functional Pre running webOS 1.3.5.2 with access to the app catalog and Preware without any problems.

Here's what did I to solve the problem described above:

• doctored my pre to webOS 1.3.1 (as O2 Germany doesn't offer a 1.3.5.2 version of webOS doctor yet) as I then had access to the Palm profile backup functionality which gave me a "no longer logged into palm profile" error before, too
    • removed all installed Preware applications and patches
    • backed up my Palm profile to not having dozens of apps installed via the slow mobile connection after resetting the device (as I can start WLAN only after the Palm profile stuff is reinstalled, for whatever reason)
    • backed up PalmDatabase.db3 and PalmAccountDatabase.db3 from /var/luna/data/dbdata/ via webOS Quick Install
    • backed up the data on the USB partition/directory
    • did a full erase
    • doctored my pre to webOS 1.3.1 again
    • didn't install any app on or copy any file to the device
    • upgraded to 1.3.5.2
    • copied PalmDatabase.db3 (and not PalmAccountDatabase.db3) back to /var/luna/data/dbdata/
    • restarted the Pre
    • č voilą, I'm back with access to the app catalog and can install catalog apps from Preware (which open the app catalog when clicked)

I think the reason for the previous error doing a partial erase could be one of the following:
    • having used Emergency Migration Helper from Preware after the upgrade to 1.3.5.2 which gave me no message whether it worked or not (I think something went wrong here and this is the most probable reason)
    • having copied over also PalmAccountDatabase.db3 after the error and resetting the device (which I doubt is the reason)
    • having had installed any Preware apps (I doubt it)
    OK, had the exact same prob and spent 6 hours debugging. Your post was the most helpful, and ALMOST correct

The problem was the PalmAccountDatabase.db3 . I re-webos-doctored the phone, but the last time ony copied PalmDatabase.db3 and did not touch the PalmAccountDatabase.db3 which it downloaded from my Palm Profile.

So far, it's working great. Emails are there, and apparently, account passwords are stored in the Database, not AccountDatabase file. App catalog good.