Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im seeing hellfire right now. i was playing sports and put my pre in safe spot to protect and turns out there was a sprinkler head behind it....which just randomly turned on and soaked it. dried off the phone yanked the battery. didnt see water inside. tried turning it on. it turned on and the shut off. i have yanked the battery and im going to try the rice trick now. im mad
    Whoa that sux, if that sprinkler system is in your house, get that fixed first off!!
    Also, try adding some silica packets into the rice as well. (from sneaker boxes)
    "We're Desperate, Get used to it!" - John Doe and Exene Cervanka of X
  3.    #3  
    no it was at a tennis court and i always throw those silica things out. damn.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    mistake even trying to turn it on at all before the rice trick. Don't even mess around if it gets wet take it straight to the rice.
    Stop by any shoe store! They are meant to destroy moisture!! (and im sure the associate will give you two or three packets no prob)
    You should of never turned it back on. Surely it shorted out (fried) the circuit board
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    You should of never turned it back on. Surely it shorted out (fried) the circuit board
    Yeah unfortunately that's the worst thing you could have done. I made that mistake with an iPhone once and it never revived after that...
    Yeah, fresh water, yank the battery, let dry for a couple of days, salt water, toast.
  9.    #9  
    i didnt turn it back on. it was still on after i dried the outside then shut off. its in rice now

clarification. it was on when i got to it and still getting texts. i yanked the battery to be safe. looked inside. no water no sign of it at all then i put the battery back in and it turned on then turned off
    Dude you shouldn't have turned it back on :\.

Lol just kidding. I actually just recently dropped my Pre in the toilet and am in the process of reviving it. It took a swim monday and I just turned it back on today. The screen has sustained water damage and the touch screen part is screwy .
  11.    #11  
    how long should i let it sit in the rice? and i have it in the rice with the cover off and the battery out
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    how long should i let it sit in the rice? and i have it in the rice with the cover off and the battery out
    48 hours!!
    I'd leave it for longer than 48. I waited 3 days and apparently that wasn't enough. I still had some water residue in there. I got lucky and got it fixed though. Good luck man, I felt how you feel now 2 days ago.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    48 hours!!
    48 hours without a phone....dammmmmmmmm
    I know right, its horrific. I've had to write 3 phone numbers down in the past 3 days.
  16.    #16  
    i get millions of texts to my phone everyday lol and i got a date tomorrow.
    just bring an old pager.. Those are real neckbreakers nowadays!!
    What is a pager?
  19.    #19  
    well i turned it on. i had to due some sort of weird restart and then it was acting glitchy for a bit but now its acting kind of normal.
    where is you at with sprinklers? We still got snow on the ground!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast