1.    #1  
    I have been having issues with my Pre lately. It's been a bit laggy for sometime now. My lastest problem was a massive drop in battery life out of nowhere. So I threw in the towel and doctor'd that baby then ran a full erase. I of course backed everything up and reloaded everything after the full erase. I can already tell my battery life is much better and the phone is running great. It's "snappy" again. So if anyone is having issues I highly recommend this cocktail because it seemed to of given the phone a fresh start.

Werd
    There is no spoon
    is the full erase like a partial erase?
    Partial erase is not too bad but a full one sounds scary. How is it. Do you have to go search for your photos and get the music from itunes again.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    is the full erase like a partial erase?
    Partial erase is not too bad but a full one sounds scary. How is it. Do you have to go search for your photos and get the music from itunes again.
    Go to "Device info" then "reset options" and it will explain everything. I just hooked up the Pre as a USB drive and dragged everything onto my PC. Then just dragged everything right back over once it was clean.
    There is no spoon
    it wont last long
    Just out of curiosity, did you install any patches or other homebrew items after you wiped it?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    it wont last long
    No? lol. Too good to be true?
    There is no spoon
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    Just out of curiosity, did you install any patches or other homebrew items after you wiped it?
    Yes, but I am slowly adding them in so if there is an issue I can pinpoint what is causing it
    There is no spoon
    I am doing searches for how to do a full erase and then a WEBOS DR. For some reason, I cannot find any detailed instructions. My phone is practically dead - I haven't downloaded anything for 2 days but it is not even starting properly anymore.

Questions - when doing a WEB OS Doctor, I have read that others have gone back as far as 1.03 to get a virigin device. IS this recommended? If so, where do I find this version.

I have used WEBOSQI but really am surprised at how so many people dicuss Doctoring their phone yet no specific wtep by step instructions.

Please help.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    I am doing searches for how to do a full erase and then a WEBOS DR. For some reason, I cannot find any detailed instructions. My phone is practically dead - I haven't downloaded anything for 2 days but it is not even starting properly anymore.

Questions - when doing a WEB OS Doctor, I have read that others have gone back as far as 1.03 to get a virigin device. IS this recommended? If so, where do I find this version.

I have used WEBOSQI but really am surprised at how so many people dicuss Doctoring their phone yet no specific wtep by step instructions.

Please help.
    I personally think you should run the latest version of the Doctor to bring the Pre up-to-date. My girlfriend got a Pixi and I could not download apps because I upgreaded to 1.3.5.1 over-the-air. I used the Dr to bring it up to 1.3.5.1 and it fixed that issue right away.

Here is the link to the lastest WebOS Doctor: https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...nal/Home&sp=44
    There is no spoon
    With this combination - are apps(games) restored with their personal data (saved games)?

I know that homebrew apps will lose their saved data - that's ok. Blocked HB will be fun to get all of the lowest moves again

Ever since the move of apps from /var i've wanted to do a full refresh
    so... app catalog game data does not get saved. I just did the full erase then DR. and let my app catalog finish updating all my apps. Ran NFSU and it started my game over, no save data or anything.

For me its not a big deal... gives me something to do at work again
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    it wont last long
    +1