1.    #1  
    Ok so one thing I'm continually noticing is that when my phones rings, it's not as loud as some of my past phones. My past phones I could hear ringing from anywhere in the house. The Palm Pre however...I have to be on the same floor level or else I'll rarely hear it when cooking or doing other things.

Is there going to be a Volumecare for the Pre coming out soon? Or...are one of you smart HomeBrewers working on an app for that? I'd love to boost it by around 25-50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    Ok so one thing I'm continually noticing is that when my phones rings, it's not as loud as some of my past phones. My past phones I could hear ringing from anywhere in the house. The Palm Pre however...I have to be on the same floor level or else I'll rarely hear it when cooking or doing other things.

Is there going to be a Volumecare for the Pre coming out soon? Or...are one of you smart HomeBrewers working on an app for that? I'd love to boost it by around 25-50%.
    A simple solution in the meantime is to increase the volume of the existing ringtones (which are simply MP3 files) and/or create your own. I used Audacity to create some that are inherently louder.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    A simple solution in the meantime is to increase the volume of the existing ringtones (which are simply MP3 files) and/or create your own. I used Audacity to create some that are inherently louder.
    This commonly causes clipping in the sound which is a horrible degrade in sound quality. I'm not sure why the Palm Pre has a relatively quiet speaker, but it could be hardware wise or maybe just a safeguard for now by Palm.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Well I have tried to upload the louder pre ring tones, that I down loaded from precentral long time ago. But apparently the file is to large. So if you want search them out yourself or private message me with a email. the file name i found on this site is louderpreringtones
  5.    #5  
    Hmm yeah I've already been doing this...but still isn't as loud as my old 755p or 8330 were. I could hear those babies from Space.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...