Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Not sure, if we can really rely on this!

Verizon Wireless to overhaul its phone and data pricing plans Boy Genius Report

Verizon Wireless is making to its calling plans effective January 18th. The details are coming in slowly but it looks like Big Red is ditching the all-inclusive Premium plan and renaming the current Basic plan to Nationwide Talk, and the Select Plan to Nationwide Talk & Text. A 30% drop in pricing on the unlimited minutes options for each of these plans is expected to accompany the name changes.
    *yawn*, just another reason why I'll be sticking with Sprint!
    Data plan's still 29.99. The only change is with Unlimited talk, and Unlimited text.

New Plans... Sprint in ()'s assuming Unlimited Any Mobile minutes

Single line plans

Unlimited Voice 69.99 (69.99, but includes Text/Data)

Unlimited Voice/Text 89.99 (69.99, but includes Text/Data)

Unlimited Voice/Text/Data 99.99 (69.99, but includes Text/Data)

Family Plans / 2 lines

Unlimited Talk 119.99 (129.99, but includes Text/Data)

Unlimited Talk/Text 149.99 (129.99, but includes Text/Data)

Unlimited Talk/Text/Data 189.99 (189.99)

The only big deal on this is that they matched the Sprint Unlimited plan. However, since Sprint offers unlimited Any Mobile minutes, this hardly seems like a game changer for Big Red.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/14/2010 at 04:46 PM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Read that BGR report closely, and you'll see just how bogus Vz's information is. They are claiming that Sprint's Unlimited Voice/Data/Text plan for two lines is $189/month, with each additional line costing $89/month each. They can't get the plan number of minutes right for either Sprint or AT&T , they show a Family Shared plan of voice only for $69.99/month . This information is so wrong it's laughable. There is still nothing to compare to Sprint's Any Mobile, Anytime that the other carriers are just putting spin on how goo they are to make up for what services they don't provide. Look at the Compare the Advantages listings - it's all about how better Vz is, not about what makes them better. Also no mention of the Pre in any of this advertising. Wonder what it will cost to get one of those?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    unlimitedvzw? talk+txt=$40
    Yup, sticking with Sprint. compare the 1500 everything family plan on sprint for 129 for two lines with unlimited data on both to VZQ's 1400 plan for 119 +29 +29 = 177. Almost $50 a month savings on a sprint 2 line plan, and you get more minutes, and mobile to mobile and N&W start sooner.

Nice try VZW.
    Not to mention you can add an additional line for $19.95 each, as compared to Vz's quoted $49.99.

Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    Yup, sticking with Sprint. compare the 1500 everything family plan on sprint for 129 for two lines with unlimited data on both to VZQ's 1400 plan for 119 +29 +29 = 177. Almost $50 a month savings on a sprint 2 line plan, and you get more minutes, and mobile to mobile and N&W start sooner.

Nice try VZW.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Sure, put a cute girl with a tight fitting sweater on the right side of the page. I wonder how many people bother to look at the data. This reminds me of the medication commercials that distract you while quietly hitting you with "fine print".
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Jesus christ, I guess I will definitely not be going back to them for the Pre Plus. These plans seem insane. Forcing $9.99 data plans on env3 users? Seriously?? That *would* be a popular phone, but not anymore!
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post

Nice try VZW.
    Isn't Nav another extra on big red?
    Heh, I remember when Sprint used to do the two-step with plans and charges until they wizened up, ditched the BS, and introduced the everything plans.

I remember I somehow always fell inbetween plans so I either risked going over every month, or I'd be wasting money with too many minutes or messages.

I think four or five years ago I averaged like 400 minutes and 500 text messages. So of course the two plans I could choose were like either 350 or 900 minutes, and messaging packages were 300 or 1000.

So frustrating. The Everything 450 w/ Anytime Mobile-to-mobile is just perfect now.
    I'd wait for it to be confirmed... BGR doesn't have the greatest track record for inside information.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Read that BGR report closely, and you'll see just how bogus Vz's information is. They are claiming that Sprint's Unlimited Voice/Data/Text plan for two lines is $189/month, with each additional line costing $89/month each.
    That's actually correct for Sprint for unlimited. Two phones for $189.98, 3-5 are $89.99 each.

Basically, the first phone is $99.99/mo, then each additional up to 5 is $89.99 apiece. So you only save $10/mo by going with a shared unlimited plan. I guess the concept of "sharing" something unlimited is kind of goofy...