1.    #1  
    I know Verizon is getting the Palm Pre Plus soon, but I am looking at buying a used Pre, as I love my Centro. Can you activate a Sprint Pre on Verizon's network? And can you do so without a data plan?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    1. it may be possible some day but right now the answer is no
    2. why would u want a pre without a data plan?
    There was a person that was able to modify his phone to work on the verizon network, he was unable, at the time that i read it, to get data access to work properly.

I don't believe that it would be an easy thing to do at this time. I would probably wait until the webosdoctor for verizon shows up and *maybe* that would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    1. it may be possible some day but right now the answer is no
    2. why would u want a pre without a data plan?
    Same reason you'd want a Ferrari or Lambo without tires & rims....reasons would be very limited..
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Same reason you'd want a Ferrari or Lambo without tires & rims....reasons would be very limited..
    It could still make phone calls...
    yes, unlimitedvzw.com unlimited talk and txt for $40
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    We are roaming constantly with sprint so had to go with 3000 shared min. (4 phones) cause at 1500 we went over. This made our bill about $100/mo more than we were paying with verizon so we may switch back but because we have wifi we don't we need to have data. Also there is no 3G available here so really wifi is best option. I do not like paying for data plans that I would not use.