Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    you can just buy mytether (its only 10 bucks) and use the installer.. works great for me...
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htcman724 View Post
    ok so i tried to do the wifi tethering also and am running windows 7 heres the problem windows 7 WILL NOT recognize it for windows 7 you have to use the usb tether for right now.and the usb,inf only has to do with the usb tethering not wifi.
    I've got a Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium laptop connected via wi-fi to the Palm Pre......
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Randy, I do hope you're not just talking Verizion. For some of us, that's not "better".

But I'm believin'
    I would hope that the WebOS-Internals crew acn pull apart the Verizon tethering and bring it over to us Sprint users.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    I would hope that the WebOS-Internals crew acn pull apart the Verizon tethering and bring it over to us Sprint users.
    Don't worry, I definitely see this happening. Since it comes out Jan 25, I'm thinking they'll have a working version for us on Jan 30th (since that's my birthday lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    you can just buy mytether (its only 10 bucks) and use the installer.. works great for me...
    There is no point in buying MyTether anymore. There are numerous places on the web to download the donor version for free. MyTether has turned into a mess of an app now and causes alot of problems. The patch that you need to install to wifi tether has been known to break Pres, which require a visit to the Doctor. The best bet is to use USB or bluetooth until we get the Verizon app.
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    ... Now you do have to install the patch that shuts down the camera. But it's clear as day in Mytether App under options you can uninstall the patch after your done tethering (and it works i've tried it). ...
    My MyTether as installed has no option to remove the camera patch (either under the menu in the upper-left, or when clicking 'options' under either USB or WiFi (and sys, the camera patch is applied because MyTether works but the camera doesn't).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    My MyTether as installed has no option to remove the camera patch (either under the menu in the upper-left, or when clicking 'options' under either USB or WiFi (and sys, the camera patch is applied because MyTether works but the camera doesn't).
    You remove the patch by clicking options under Wi-Fi in MyTether, and turning off the Wi-Fi patch. When you turn it off, you're then prompted to remove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    You remove the patch by clicking options under Wi-Fi in MyTether, and turning off the Wi-Fi patch. When you turn it off, you're then prompted to remove it.
    Yep. Found it now. (Clunky but it works!) thans
    Does anyone know if webOs v1.4 is going to break myTether again?
    Is Aonic working on a fix so that we don't have to install and uninstall the patch before & after tethering?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobgood5 View Post
    Is Aonic working on a fix so that we don't have to install and uninstall the patch before & after tethering?
    There is no way to know until it comes out. Knowing the current fragile state of MyTether, it will probably have issues. Be sure to at least disable the patch before updating. Remove the whole program and service if you feel it needs to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobgood5 View Post
    Chances are really good that it will be initially broken again. (So much that I'd be nervous even if I got 3 to 1 odds in a bet.)

Aonic was hoping that it would be more easily fixable since Verizon will be offering a tethering solution.

Personally, I have less hope as Verizon has more reason to want this to be "not hackable" than Sprint. I no longer trust Aonic's ability to keep up with this. All is not lost though (because the Pre is still pretty hackable). Someone will likely be able to define services using the PDK to make this work (assuming other avenues are blocked).
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    I'd rather give $10 to the victims of the Haiti earthquake. One helps humanity and the other just gives the user a headache after it doesn't work.

Support Disaster Relief in Haiti
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I'd rather give $10 to the victims of the Haiti earthquake. One helps humanity and the other just gives the user a headache after it doesn't work.
    It used to be worthwhile to donate for MyTether back in the early days. Not so much anymore. What a mess it is now...
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Chances are really good that it will be initially broken again. (So much that I'd be nervous even if I got 3 to 1 odds in a bet.)

Aonic was hoping that it would be more easily fixable since Verizon will be offering a tethering solution.

Personally, I have less hope as Verizon has more reason to want this to be "not hackable" than Sprint. I no longer trust Aonic's ability to keep up with this. All is not lost though (because the Pre is still pretty hackable). Someone will likely be able to define services using the PDK to make this work (assuming other avenues are blocked).
    Yes this is exactly what I was thinking. Im sure that if Aonic can't or loses interest someone else will be able to do it. I have used PdaNet for my PC & USBmodem for my Mac when I still had my Treo 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    There is no point in buying MyTether anymore. There are numerous places on the web to download the donor version for free. MyTether has turned into a mess of an app now and causes alot of problems. The patch that you need to install to wifi tether has been known to break Pres, which require a visit to the Doctor. The best bet is to use USB or bluetooth until we get the Verizon app.
    here is a site that has the donor version for free comes with the installer and everything Palm Pre My Tether 2.0.4 with installer for Windows & Mac - WeGeekedUp - Cable Modems, FTA Receivers, Movies, Music, Videos, Cell Phones, Windows, Mac, Software, Sports, Hip-Hop, News, Entertainment
    and i've been using it for a few days now wifi tethering and i haven't had any problems other then it kills the phone battery.... and if you plug it in it gets ridiculously hot.
    bluetooth tethering work fine for me i use it on my touch pro 2. i have my tether installed i pair the devices first then turn on my tether to usb allow the dchp and it works every time. usb works fine to on my acer

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    I have windows 7 and the free version of my tether I'm trying to connect it via usb but nothing is happening I restarted my phone and everything idk what to do.help?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12