1.    #1  
    Hey, ive been looking around these forums and many other pre sites to learn as much as i can about the Pre before i decide to buy a palm device. Right now i have an HTC XV6900 that i flashed android 1.6 onto (because windows mobile totally sucks lol). I like the android interface, but it seemed to get very boring and clunky after just a couple uses.

I was just wondering if anyone had any input on how good the Pre Plus will be for Verizon and any information that would push me forward to buy one? As most probably know i have a little over a week to figure out if i want this phone or not. I just like to really look into a phone before buying it. Any specs on the processor would be great.

P.S.: Im a second year college student that texts non stop and surfs the web a lot. Not really in need of great email app lol.
    id say if verizon plans dont scare you off. then the best choice is the Pre Plus if you want a Pre minus the issues...

-more RAM meaning faster and better multitasking
    -16GB for more storage fun
    -no useless center button = more elegance with the thingy they put there lol
    -revised hardware quality and more sturdy slider (more solid and durable?)

IMO its everything the Pre should have been, cuz they perfected it without changing the device overall
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  3.    #3  
    well to be honest im still on my parents family plan lol. I only pay for the extra 30 bucks to get the unlimited data per month. So the plans aren't a problem at all.
    College students typically don't have a lot of extra money (or if you do, it's at the expense of loans you will be repaying later in life). If you are in such a situation, simply ask some friends if Sprint service is good in your area. If so (and you can switch to Sprint), you'll have a mostly the same experience for less money. I'm not sure what you mean by having to make the decision in the next week. The Pre+ won't be released until 1/25/10 and we still don't know how much better it might be (or not). You can buy a two-piece shell case to mitigate any slider issues on the regular Pre. At a college, you are likely to have ubiquitous WiFi, so I would NOT recommend a Sprint Pixi in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by MynTi FreSh View Post
    well to be honest im still on my parents family plan lol. I only pay for the extra 30 bucks to get the unlimited data per month. So the plans aren't a problem at all.
    Saw this post after I finished mine. Maybe waiting for the Pre+ won't be so bad in your case (but what's this thing about having to decide in a week?)
    Last edited by sudoer; 01/14/2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: corrected "2/25/10" to "1/25/10"
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  5.    #5  
    The pre plus comes out for Verizon on Jan 25th, which is a little under two weeks away. Also i do not have the choice to switch providers, im stuck with my family plan. During school i don't have a job, so i wont have too many funds until the summer.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MynTi FreSh View Post
    Hey, ive been looking around these forums and many other pre sites to learn as much as i can about the Pre before i decide to buy a palm device. Right now i have an HTC XV6900 that i flashed android 1.6 onto (because windows mobile totally sucks lol). I like the android interface, but it seemed to get very boring and clunky after just a couple uses.

I was just wondering if anyone had any input on how good the Pre Plus will be for Verizon and any information that would push me forward to buy one? As most probably know i have a little over a week to figure out if i want this phone or not. I just like to really look into a phone before buying it. Any specs on the processor would be great.

P.S.: Im a second year college student that texts non stop and surfs the web a lot. Not really in need of great email app lol.

Can't go wrong with either device. Pre+ has better overall quality, keyboard, sliding hardware mechanism, and more memory if you plan on using your device for multimedia.

Sprint Pre is a better overall value in terms of hardware and monthly cost.

If Sprint gets the Pre+ by Jun 6, I'll keep using my current Pre.
  7.    #7  
    Does anyone know if the Pre 2 will be coming out anytime soon, because im very well known for not having a phone for the full 2 year contract. Within the past year i will have had 3 phones already lol. I want to get the Pre Plus, but am worried that the Pre 2 will come out some what soon and ill have to buy it full price. Any ideas?
    First off, Nice choice of a football team. We will rebound next year. It is inevitable that a new device will come out on sprint. Question is when? nobody knows for sure. It has been speculated anywhere from 4 months to next december with wimax. Personally, I am partial to sprint. The upgrades with the Verizon Pre are not enough to get me too excited. Good luck with whatever you decide & enjoy the Pre. It rocks!!!

By the way their are some nice Miami Dolphin themes in homebrew for the Pre.
  9.    #9  
    haha thanks

i have watched about 30 videos for this phone and am really anxious to play with webOS. It looks very innovative. I just hope all of the problems that seem to be floating around the forums are mostly fixed with the Plus
    Just keep in mind that people post on forums that have problems. A lot of people with the Pre have not had any problems as well. It is very innovative and just smooth how it works. Enjoy!!

Go fish!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'd be willing to put money on the fact that one of the two possible scenarios is going to happen:

1. Sometime around June, Sprint and ATT will receive the Pre and Pixi Plus.

or

2. ATT receives the Plus models in June and Sprint receives a new Palm phone soon after that.
  12.    #12  
    I hope Verizon keeps on on Palm hardware upgrades