1.    #1  
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...il-client-beta

YouView the visual voicemail client powered by YouMail has gone Open Beta. Please keep in mind there are still some kinks and wrinkles to work out. If you have any questions, ideas, or need help just let us know HERE.
    Last edited by Arcticus; 01/14/2010 at 12:02 PM.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    doesnt show where to get it? I'm confused.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    doesnt show where to get it? I'm confused.
    Added the details, sorry.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

thanks a bunch for this promising app
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm new here and apparently I can't view the links in your signature line until I've posted 10 times. I'd like to try out the new build of YouView, which so far has been an awesome app. Where can I get it? Thanks!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilaritas View Post
    I'm new here and apparently I can't view the links in your signature line until I've posted 10 times. I'd like to try out the new build of YouView, which so far has been an awesome app. Where can I get it? Thanks!
    The homebrew gallery will be update soon with a new build. We are waiting on some server side stuff to catch up so that the new features don't appear broken when you try them.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Looks much better than GDial
    @Arcticus: I was part of the initial beta, and I liked the app. But I hate youmail. If this worked with gvoice I'd like this app much better. And I'd probably use it. But as it is, I prefer gvoice and so I'm stuck on gdial pro or visual voicemail.

Any chance you'll port this to work with google voice?

On a different topic, why not submit this to the beta feed for the official app catalog?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    @Articus: I was part of the initial beta, and I liked the app. But I hate youmail. If this worked with gvoice I'd like this app much better. And I'd probably use it. But as it is, I prefer gvoice and so I'm stuck on gdial pro or visual voicemail.

Any chance you'll port this to work with google voice?
    No we have no plans to port this to Google Voice. Out of curiosity I would like to hear why you don't like YouMail.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    No we have no plans to port this to Google Voice. Out of curiosity I would like to hear why you don't like YouMail.
    Because Google Voice is more flexible. Here's how I've got my google voice set up:
    • Conditional forwarding on my sprint line
    • During office hours, it will try to ring my office phone first before going to voicemail
    • During non-office hours, it will try to ring my home phone before going to voicemail

I need this - especially in my office - because I get very poor sprint signal at my desk. I like the option of getting the call on my desk phone before missing it altogether. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $I$ $can$'$t$ $do$ $that$ $with$ $youmail$. $If$ $I$'$m$ $wrong$, $I$'$d$ $love$ $to$ $hear$ $how$ $to$ $accomplish$ $that$.

Also, I edited my post and added another question. Not sure if you saw it:

On a different topic, why not submit this to the beta feed for the official app catalog?

You'd get exposure to people who could test it w/out knowing how to install homebrew. Just a thought.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Because Google Voice is more flexible. Here's how I've got my google voice set up:
    • Conditional forwarding on my sprint line
    • During office hours, it will try to ring my office phone first before going to voicemail
    • During non-office hours, it will try to ring my home phone before going to voicemail

I need this - especially in my office - because I get very poor sprint signal at my desk. I like the option of getting the call on my desk phone before missing it altogether. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $I$ $can$'$t$ $do$ $that$ $with$ $youmail$. $If$ $I$'$m$ $wrong$, $I$'$d$ $love$ $to$ $hear$ $how$ $to$ $accomplish$ $that$.

Also, I edited my post and added another question. Not sure if you saw it:

You'd get exposure to people who could test it w/out knowing how to install homebrew. Just a thought.

Ok so its a use case issue versus performance issue. Good to know. Yes Google Voice is your best tool for that.

Our development cycle is this.

1 week with small group of testers. If all goes good then promote to homebrew. 1 week again if all goes well promote to beta channel of app catalog.

Homebrew based testers tend to be more tech savy and therefore require less support. Right now our focus is on development so we want a pretty stable release before the average consumer can grab it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC