1.    #1  
    I need help please. I have version Palm Webos 1.3.5.1. I was to install maybe 2/3 apps from the app catalog (spades, convert & fireworks). I tried to update/download Accuweather, Convert, Evernote, Shopping Manager, TMaps - DC, WHERE and Wordwide Translator. Some were updates and the others where new downloads. All 7 of the apps failed to update/download and now I can not use the old app that was on there. I deleted Accuweather but I am scared to delete Evernote b/c I have a lot of info. stored on there. Can you help me please? I did remove preware, my theme, package service and all patches before updating to 1.3.5.1 but for some reason I can not download or update the catalog apps.
    Try installing the Emergency Migration Helper, i had that same problem and that fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiniirich View Post
    I need help please. I have version Palm Webos 1.3.5.1. I was to install maybe 2/3 apps from the app catalog (spades, convert & fireworks). I tried to update/download Accuweather, Convert, Evernote, Shopping Manager, TMaps - DC, WHERE and Wordwide Translator. Some were updates and the others where new downloads. All 7 of the apps failed to update/download and now I can not use the old app that was on there. I deleted Accuweather but I am scared to delete Evernote b/c I have a lot of info. stored on there. Can you help me please? I did remove preware, my theme, package service and all patches before updating to 1.3.5.1 but for some reason I can not download or update the catalog apps.
    first off it's very easy to get the old apps working again.

goto the app in the app catalog and click on the progress pill that has the warning sign and says download failed

you'll get a popup asking if you want to retry.. Click NO.. Old app should be working now..

illl try and post a solution to your orig problem later ..at work so can't right now
  4.    #4  
    I am sorry to act like a ditz. What do I do after I install Emergency Migration Helper? How do I see the app on my phone? I am going to restart the phone to see if it appears.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I will try that. Thanks Sketch and Kristoffer!!!! :-) Sketch, I don't see a thank you button next to reply. Why? I would like to thank you.
  6.    #6  
    OMG!!!! The Emergency Migration Helper worked. The only app it would not install is Shopping Manager 0.2.6. AWESOME!!!!
  7.    #7  
    OK, I got the old shopping manager back!!!! This website is AWESOME!!!! We are like 1 BIG FAMILY... I really appreciate it!!!!

THANKS AGAIN SKETCH42 AND KRISTOFF!!!! :-)
    YES!!! after hours of trying...i found your posts and the Emergency Migration Helper worked. I use the PocketMirror app for work and it wasn't working for about two days.
    This did the trick...thank you all
    where do you download the emergency migration helper. i got the same problem with the apps
    Quote Originally Posted by laxin417 View Post
    where do you download the emergency migration helper. i got the same problem with the apps
    Preware--- Go to List of Everything and type in 'Emergency'

In Web OS QI, go to feeds--Web OS Internalz [All] and then click the box next to Emergency Migration Helper
    I have to be doing something wrong, because I downloaded the emergency migration helper using preware and i still get the same "couldn't install" message on the apps. Is there anything special you have to do after you download the EMH? Am I missing a step?
    For some reason this hit me today too... it started after what may have been a failed update of one of the "Palm Beta" apps.

I tried to run the EMH from Preware, but I got an IPKG error, after a reboot, I tried the app catalog again - no luck. So I go back to Preware to try the EMH again, and now for some reason, the EMH and the EPR are missing from my Preware.

So I used WOSQI instead and was able to run the EMH, tried the app catalog again, and waa-la, it works... strangely enough, still no EMH or EPR listed in my Preware...

So I managed to get the app catalog situation fixed, but now I wonder what the heck is up with my Preware feeds. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz