Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know a lot of people praise the size of the Pre, but I'm curious if anyone else feels as restricted as I do.

Everything works fine on the Pre, but this advanced OS feels a bit cramped with such a small screen and keyboard. Especially now that they're making a push into the gaming market and more apps expand our phones functionality.

I'm not saying they should kill the Pre/Pixi. I'm just thinking that, if given a choice, many users would benefit from options beyond "small" and "smaller".
    maybe a larger touch screen only or a g1 type swing out keyboard type but as a touchscreen portrait keyboard combo its perfect
    I wouldn't mind if the screen took up more of the front realestate on the phone... but I wouldn't really want the phone to be any larger than it is.

I don't want a slab like the iPhone or Droid.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    One of my initial reasons for wanting the Pre over the Iphone was that my Iphone felt big in my pocket, like it was going to snap in two when I sat down, etc. The Pre fits my pocket so much better, so the small(er?) screen was a win for me.
    I think there could be a little more screen space, but I bet it's one of those things that around this size, it will always seem like it could be "a little bit bigger."

It looks like they could have made the screen a little taller (wider for landscape view) and made the gesture area a little smaller. But we're talking a 1/4" so I don't know how much difference that would make.
    well if it were 1/4" bigger it would be that much better for games and even a proper vkb
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm more of a candybar type, but I definitely would love a Pre with a bigger screen. Never can have too much real estate.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Bigger and more responsive screen, that's what I want.
    I want a larger Pre just because I want a larger battery. Don't make it a brick though, I still want to have a great one handed device feel.
    IMO the Pre is the perfect size. An extra 1/4 or 1/2" larger screen really wouldn't make a huge enough impact.

keep the screen size where it is, but work on other stuff like adding resolution & make it brighter & even more responsive to multitouch. I think if they increased the screen res but kept the same size that'd make everybody happy(ier)
    C40 baby enough said
    Actually, keep the same size and just give me OLED that should help the battery. I would be oh so happy with that
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I want a larger Pre just because I want a larger battery. Don't make it a brick though, I still want to have a great one handed device feel.
    +1
    Second that.
    I would be nice if Palm maintained the Pre, Pixi, Pre+, Pixi+ and added a "Droid" size phone to the line up. At least then we could have a Better choice to pick the one that would fit our own life.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    +1 on the 1/4" to 1/2" increase.. that would def allow for a 3.5" or 3.7", especially with the button removed....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Bigger and more responsive screen, that's what I want.
    What he said.
    If it will get me a microSD slot i'm in... but screen size is okay as it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    keep the screen size where it is, but work on other stuff like adding resolution & make it brighter & even more responsive to multitouch. I think if they increased the screen res but kept the same size that'd make everybody happy(ier)
    Hmm, you think the screen isn't bright enough? I keep it at the minimum setting and in low light situations it's sometimes like a slap in the face to me when I turn on the screen and it's so bright.

To each his own I suppose.
    4" screen, landscape keyboard, bigger battery. Virtual keyboard for portrait usage.
    sounds like a brick
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I think Palm should take the Pixi and make it all screen. Then use a touch screen keyboard. I think a lot of people want a larger screen because they are using their phones more as a personal media device.

I doubt Palm will do it since they have always had a keyboard.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast