Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmpewter View Post
    If it will get me a microSD slot i'm in... but screen size is okay as it is now.
    BIG +1
    A little biger 1/4 - 1/2 " and an SD slot, at least then we could store movies, music, work related etc ... on different cards and allow us to increase memory as we see fit. And one more thing. Software update for the USB so a Pico projector could be connected. That would solve the whole problem of screen size.

I just thought of another one. A netbook size device. The "PalmBook" would not work on it's own. There would be a slot on the side that the phone would slide into. Then the "PalmBook" would power up and work like a Netbook. You would have a 5-7" screen, stereo speakers, HDMI out, Mic in, and a "micro-full sized keyboard. OMG! that's it. A docking PalmBook!
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 01/14/2010 at 12:35 PM.
    agree with everything but your avatar and the palmbook the pres not powerful enough and doesnt have enough memory
    Last edited by 063_xobx; 01/14/2010 at 12:44 PM.
    I felt that way until I used an LG slider dumbphone for a while. The Pre is HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    agree with everything but your avatar
    I know. Colts 21
    Saints 11
    At least you make one think about the 11. We will see in time.
    No thanks! I love the form factor and size. Fits right in my pocket. Even een iPhone I find to big a slab eventhough it's thinner.
    I have huge hands and would love to have a slightly larger Pre. When I picked it up on June 6th, I was wondering if I could manage, but I have obviously adapted. With that said, I wouldnt want it to be a slab or square-ish...just a slight larger version of its current form factor. Add a 3.5" OLED screen and a bigger battery (with room for a microSD slot) and I will be in heaven! Of course, i would also want more RAM and a dual core processor for better multitasking!

BTW, all the top seeds in the matches seem to be going down! I doubt that BOTH Indy and NO will make it to the Superbowl!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I know. Colts 21
    Saints 11
    At least you make one think about the 11. We will see in time.
    cowboys vs the bolts. bolts winning it all

but i really dont mind the cards going all the way or manning getting another ring
    One of the main reason I find it very difficult to use my Pre on a daily basis is the screen size. It is just to small for a smart phone. The trend by other smartphone makers is to make the screens bigger not smaller (The HD2, the Nexus One, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
    cowboys vs the bolts. bolts winning it all

but i really dont mind the cards going all the way or manning getting another ring
    Ok yea right... whatever. But so we don't get off topic and take away from the OP go to this thread for the SuperBowl.

So what about keeping the Pre like it is but having an add on the a "PalmBooK"?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I wouldn't change anything about the overall size and shape the Pre. I would like to see better hardware, Glass screen, OLED display, better keyboard, improve slider mechanism, increase battery life and better overall construction for Pre 2.0. Keep Memory @ 16gb

I'll also like to see a touchscreen only device similar in size and specs to Nexus One with 32gb to satisfy those who are wanting more of a multimedia WebOS device.
    how would the palm book work like the pre providing processor and battery because if so its doomed
    Personally I'd jump on a Blackberry 9700 with an Aaccellerometer, a touchscreen, Pre internals and WebOS.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the screen took up more of the front realestate on the phone... but I wouldn't really want the phone to be any larger than it is.

I don't want a slab like the iPhone or Droid.
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. If anything I would appreciate a thinner phone, but want the general size to be about the same. If it meant for a SLIGHTLY larger form factor to get another 1/2" out of the screen then count me in. Its just one more thing that the iphone sheeple won't have to brag about. OLED 3.5"+ screen = BIG WIN!

.... and go bolts!! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    how would the palm book work like the pre providing processor and battery because if so its doomed
    It would have it's own basic processor, battery and A/C adapter. Needs the pre for OS. The PalmBook would have no hard drive but an SD slot or two. It would also charge the Pre/Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Personally I'd jump on a Blackberry 9700 with an Aaccellerometer, a touchscreen, Pre internals and WebOS.
    like that'll happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    It would have it's own basic processor, battery and A/C adapter. Needs the pre for OS. The PalmBook would have no hard drive but an SD slot or two. It would also charge the Pre/Pixi.
    ok what if i get a phone call while the pre's in it
    I would go with a slab design like the pixi, but as big as the pre with keyboard open. That wouldn't be too much for me to manage, and if they coud make it as thin as the pixi I'd be in heaven.
    what like a PixPre
    I really hope they make then next phone have minimum between 3.7 and 4 inch screen. As webos is developing and we are getting all these games and such a bigger screen is a must. I hope they release a chocolate style phone with no keyboard just a 4 inch screen and virtual keyboard. i'm in where do I sign up.
    but we dont want the fragmentation caused by all different res screens look what its doing to android
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast