Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I checked My Pre thoroughly before leaving the store, the first two I was given had dead pixels, the third was perfect. On such a small screen, there's very little excuse for dead pixels.

My only advice is to love it for its imperfections dude, it's what makes it yours.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    They must send all the "dead pixel" Pres to the stores in rural areas. (If they can wear you down by making you drive 10 times, eventually you'll give in?) I actually stayed with my launch day Pre even though it has the uneven backlighting LEDs. It never had dead pixels. I thought the uneven backlighting (seen on light blue screens) would bother me, but to tell you the truth, I don't even notice it anymore. I'd say that with a 2 hour round trip and having already invested in a screen protector, I might just live with what I have too.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    well i am not sure what to do, i love the pre and the webOS system but not working for Canada as good as it should. always waitting last for everything and being told we will get it and that time goes by. seems like Canada must have so meny complants before they will do anything for us.
    lets see how long we have to wait for the webOS 1.4.1. and the paid apps. Is this another time telling us a date untill the day comes and then nothing or they telling the truth for paid apps at end of march. not heard much about it in a week or so, but i guess time will tell. and same with the 1.4.1 lets see when Canda get that.
    thanks
    hust!!
    A. Hardwick 3rd
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I believe Palm confirmed paid apps are coming March 31st? There was an article on the PreCentral homepage.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Hey for all of you guys that had dead pixels, have any of you tried the dead pixel finder in preware. I don't have a dead pixel but just curious if it works or not since it has some test to try to correct the problem inside the program.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    switch to verizon and get the pre plus I have no issues with mine oh wait just one issue it's the double lettering when I type other than that the pre rockss and not gonna give it up anytime soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Hey for all of you guys that had dead pixels, have any of you tried the dead pixel finder in preware. I don't have a dead pixel but just curious if it works or not since it has some test to try to correct the problem inside the program.
    I was prepared to say that the Dead Pixel fixer is just a gimmick. I played with it a few times as recently as 4 days ago under the notion that it's just a fancy light show. But when I went to find my two stuck pixels today with it and I couldn't find them. Maybe it works
    Now there is a difference between stuck pixels and dead pixels, the latter I believe can't be fixed.
    Last edited by vza33; 03/24/2010 at 08:46 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12