Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is the best car or cars for Drift Mode & what technique works best without wiping out???

Thanks for discussing...we need a Need For Speed forum to discuss things like this...
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    +1! I need to learn how to drift well - any tips?
    I'm in the same boat. I've become an expert at spinning out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick504 View Post
    What is the best car or cars for Drift Mode & what technique works best without wiping out???

Thanks for discussing...we need a Need For Speed forum to discuss things like this...
    The Mercedes-Benz SL65 is great just upgrade the handling to max. I did all the drift challenges e-z with it.
    Last edited by Slayix312; 01/21/2010 at 10:46 PM.
    As you're coming into a turn just jerk it the other way and iniate the drift. Since you're new to it don't try to get too sideways with the car. As you become more comfortable with it ramp up the angle until you're close to the point of losing traction and keep it there to rack up the most pints.
    Are you guys serious I beat all the modes of this game the only thing left for me to do is keep beating the highest paid racrs so I can but all the cars lol. Na but seriously are yall serious this game is so easy to master. Wow I can't believe people are having trouble.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yickyaddy View Post
    are you guys serious i beat all the modes of this game the only thing left for me to do is keep beating the highest paid racrs so i can but all the cars lol. Na but seriously are yall serious this game is so easy to master. Wow i can't believe people are having trouble.
    u r so kewl!!!
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    u r so kewl!!!

LOL... isn't he?? I have a new hero at PreCentral... and he's from Brooklyn no less! I wish I were him I have mastered the art of drifting into a spin too - but getting the hang of it!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/22/2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i used the lancer, i put the handling to max and did not increase the speed, i find that speed is your enemy when dirffting if you are going slower you stay in your drifts longer and it is easier to stay at a sharp angle so you are able to get a lot more points
    i suggest slowing down before initiated the drift i found around 60 - 70 works great you can rack up some serious points
    i did it once and racked up so much points but can't remember what i did.
    I tried doing it again but couldn't figure out what i did. I'll like to know too cuz the 3rd city (the last city i believe) is killing me and i need to get one of those lambo cars to smoke those fools. My fastest car now is the Dodge Viper (maxed out on every upgrade). I love it but its no match for what those guys are driving in that 3rd city.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsw10482 View Post
    i used the lancer, i put the handling to max and did not increase the speed, i find that speed is your enemy when dirffting if you are going slower you stay in your drifts longer and it is easier to stay at a sharp angle so you are able to get a lot more points
    +1

Also used the lancer and didnt go too fast. I was able to pull 1000-2000 pts per turn. I usually turn the car/phone sharply, then quickly back in the other direction, then while the car is in drift play around with more soft turns to keep it in drift.

Kinda sad that it's over tho lol, i was stuck on my couch for a good weekend playing that game
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9102 View Post
    i suggest slowing down before initiated the drift i found around 60 - 70 works great you can rack up some serious points
    +1. I brake before turns just so I'm in this range as I initiate a drift.
    The mercedes does the trick
    i used the lambo for the drifting. went really well, just gotta ease in to the whole drifting deal... Just like stir fry said, start with a smaller angle then keep ramping it up. I would just go full speed into every turn, quickly jerk the phone into the turn, and then when ur car is about to spin out, turn the phone slightly away from the turn and you can drift FOREVER! The game will keep you on the track when this happens and you can just keep on racking in the points...

Good Luck!
    To avoid spinning out after you've initiated a drift, just keep the pre parallel to the horizon in the game world. Make sense?

You can prolong a drift, and maybe drift into the next turn, buy tilting again as needed.
    I use the gt-r & easily get 1500 - 2500 per drift. Just keep that angle & break a little before drift
    I maybe a little slow, no pun intended, but I can't get past the last level on the 2nd city. That darn Viper is just too fast. I can't stay ahead of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    I maybe a little slow, no pun intended, but I can't get past the last level on the 2nd city. That darn Viper is just too fast. I can't stay ahead of him.
    You need to buy a viper too and upgrade it...thats what I had to do.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast