1.    #1  
    I am selling my Palm Pre and have already activated and purchased a new phone.

I have installed patches and some homebrew apps. I would like to clear all of those out before I sell the phone. Does a system restore to factory settings through device info do this?

Any help is appreciated.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have done resets in the past and the patches stayed. I would suggest uninstalling them via preware or webosinstall prior to doing a full erase.
    Go to Device Info > Reset Options and choose Full Erase

Or download and run the latest WebOS Doctor for your Pre.

Either method will not only wipe out all your apps, patches and themes, but also your personal information.
    Actually the way the new Doctor programs are setup you will need to do a Full Erase and then run the Doctor. If you dont do the full erase first there will be lots of stuff left behind after the Dr visit.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Actually the way the new Doctor programs are setup you will need to do a Full Erase and then run the Doctor. If you dont do the full erase first there will be lots of stuff left behind after the Dr visit.

Second this. Full Erase will wipe the media partition but will leave core files so patches will still be applied to the OS. The Doctor will wipe the OS stuff.
    Actually you have two options. You can do a full erase and then the latest version of the doctor or you can use a version of the doctor that's older than 1.3. Both methods will work.