Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have done EPR through preware. I have done EPR through WOSQI. I still have 8 patches that will not remove. I cant remove them individually either because of an error ( see IPKG) I used Jason's brand new Webos repair utility for 1.3.5.1.
    If any one could help I would greatly appreciate it!!
    Would a partial erase do it?
    Thanks

Now it wont let me run EPR without an error.. uggg
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem with the multi mod patch. It's not working like it's installed but also will not remove so I can reinstall it.
    Please guys and girls - use the search

I your case you can open Tools->Device management in WebOSQuickInstall, select the "bad" patches and press the uninstall-button.
    You will get an error message for every single one of the patches but they will still get removed.
    Look at the link in my signature and do those steps
  5.    #5  
    Can I just do a partial erase? Will that do the trick?
    I thought I read in another thread that if you add the patch back in WQI and then remove it again, it supposed to clear it.

There are several threads about this excat same issue.
    In most cases the patches are long gone when you get the IPKG error, only Preware still thinks they are there and therefore you cannot reinstall them.
    If you use the method I described in #3 all your data will stay untouched.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Can I just do a partial erase? Will that do the trick?
    if you did this you will loose all homebrew apps and have to re-sync all of your contacts to facebook profiles and loose all text messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Please guys and girls - use the search

I your case you can open Tools->Device management in WebOSQuickInstall, select the "bad" patches and press the uninstall-button.
    You will get an error message for every single one of the patches but they will still get removed.
    +10000
    There have been at least a dozen threads on this problem in the last day or so that I've responded to. Please people, time to do a little searching before you restart these "Patch Problem" threads.

First, before you do anything to your phone like installing updates, doctoring, etc, you MUST uninstall any patches or themes you have on your phone. Otherwise, until webosinternals finds the solution and updates preware, you will ALWAYS have this problem. We need to do a little bit of research into our phone before we try to modify them.

Here is the solution to this problem. Please pass it along to others so we don't continuously see this same topic over and over:
    Open upQuickInstall and go to device management. You will find the patches under 'Applications'. Check every patch you have and choose remove. You will get error messages as they uninstall. Don't worry, just click 'OK'. When this is done, reboot your phone. You should then be free to reinstall your patches.

Just some advice, I only use Quickinstall to tweak my dialer and my boot screen, as well as installing package manager and preware. Everything else that can be done by both Quickinstall and Preware I install through Preware. That includes themes, apps, and the majority of the available patches. Quickinstall and preware sometimes don't agree on what is installed and what is not, so that's how I keep everything separate. Good luck!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    if you did this you will loose all homebrew apps and have to re-sync all of your contacts to facebook profiles and loose all text messages.
    yes but will my patches be gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Here is the solution to this problem. Please pass it along to others so we don't continuously see this same topic over and over:
    Open upQuickInstall and go to device management. You will find the patches under 'Applications'. Check every patch you have and choose remove. You will get error messages as they uninstall. Don't worry, just click 'OK'. When this is done, reboot your phone. You should then be free to reinstall your patches.
    This method 100% worked as advertised...thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    No problem Milenko. Glad I could help. Thanks for that thanks!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  13.    #13  
    That does not work for me with the patches in the apps. They didnt show up anywhere. A partial erase did the trick.
    That does not work for me with the patches in the apps. They didnt show up anywhere. A partial erase did the trick.
    How do you do a partial erase? Patches don't show up on my QI as suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    How do you do a partial erase? Patches don't show up on my QI as suggested.
    Last page of launcher > Device Info > reset options
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    You could have also used the WebOS Repair Utility with Override Compatibility enabled. This would have probably also worked.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    It didn't to me, and certainly not to many others otherwise they wouldn't keep posting the same message over and over again as they are likely to have better things to do
    It did not work for me either. Morrison and pulp, I really do appreciate your help and the patience you show in responding to each and every one of these threads. I agree with crowning, there are clearly others out there like him and myself that these answers are not working. Morrison, I followed your steps EXACTLY, and did it at least five times, all with no effect. I've tried other suggestions as well with the same results. The bottom line is that WebOSQI Device Management shows no patches under Patches, and shows nothing under Applications. Yet every time I reset my phone, a few of these patches are still working on the phone, such as displaying both date and time, or battery icon and percent. No matter what I do they don't go away, even though QI says they are not there. I've been working on this every night since I downloaded Asphalt5 the first day it was available and it wouldn't launch. I've done the partial reset, to no avail. I've tried subbing the .rar file in MyTether. I've removed MyTether. I've removed and re-installed practically everything else on my phone. I even tried resorting to Doctoring my Pre last night, and the Dr came back to say my Pre could not be doctored and I should contact Palm Support.

Meanwhile the phone and all apps except 3D games are working fine. And the patches that supposedly are not on my phone are there and beautiful. I just can't get rid of them!

Max Swell pointed out that the new WebOS Repair Utility is updated and out there, so that is what I will try tonight. But I am not getting my hopes up. After a hundred or so resets, hoping that when the phone came back on the patches would be gone and they weren't, you start to expect failure. For now it is fine - the only thing I am missing is the ability to play the 3D games. But I don't know what I will do when the next update comes and I can't remove my patches - I'm screwed!
    I was having the toughest time removing patches that were supposedly installed but weren't and couldn't uninstall them.
    The trick that worked for me was to delete the QI, doctor and QR files and get new ones and then run the QI and the patches finally showed up in the device manager allowing me to delete them and be able to start preware from scratch.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Try the repair utility!!! I love it!
    Pre user since summer '09...on my fourth phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast