Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I just did a quick look at Verizon plan:
    Verizon Wireless

It looks like Verizon is $10 more than Sprint for individuals. And if you don't care about mobile TV and GPS navigation, it is $69.

With that, it is pretty attractive for Pre lovers to move. That said, I don't plan to move yet, because I want to see what Sprint will get later this year. I can upgrade in August, so if there is a new version coming to Sprint, I don't want to miss that.

What do rest of you think about this $10 difference? Does it worth the additional memory and 16GB flash for a new user?
    Last edited by ksom; 01/14/2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Misleading title
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Right, but you have to be careful with VZ. Is the messaging unlimited between VZ numbers or all numbers? Also, they don't have unlimited mobile to mobile and night and weekends starting at 7pm. Just some things to consider.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    that $69 and $79 plans have no unlimited mobile to mobile. Night calling starts at 9pm
    your only getting 450 min. and mobile to mobile on the verizon network. with sprint you get 450 min and mobile to mobile to any cell phone.

i guess it just depends on you, i like the m2m for any cell, however i am a power user and use about 4-7k min a month. i just really can not stand verizons customer service as a whole.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Verizon also has better coverage as a plus.

As a negative, I don't think you're still comparing same level plans. Did you add unlimited texting and data to verizon? Also, if you're on a family plan, the savings are amazing as you don't have to add $30-40 worth of features for every phone.
    I would argue that 5 numbers isn't even comparable to the unlimited mobile to mobile enjoyed by sprint customers. Everything Data with any mobile any time is $69.99 a month with the same amount of anytime minutes, plus Navigation, plus sprint tv, as well as unlimited calls to any mobile number... So in short. No.

Verizon has better coverage in some areas, just outside of Tacoma Wa and my sprint coverage is flawless where as my brother on Verizon drops calls left and right.
    No way, with Sprint I can upgrade every year you can save that 10 a month and have 120 toward a new phone. If I'm not going for the Droid I'm not going for the Pre +.
    Hmm...I just looked a bit more and it looks like it is actually unlimited messaging to anyone now. Nifty. I love competition.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    i saw the same advertisement and thought to myself "wow verizon is stepping up."
    so i called verizon and they told me that the data plan is for non smartphones. Any smart phone u can u have to get the 29.99 data plan.
    It is like I said from the start. You need to know the difference between mobile web and true internet access a la the Palm Pre. Mobile web is that chinzy web portal. Unlimited text based internet.... not compatible with the Pre. Pre unlimited data is going to be like if not exactly the same plan as the Droid. 30 bucks for data.

Mobile Web
    Get the latest news, sports, and weather. Play fantasy football. Bid with eBay®. Enjoy Mobile Banking for Bank of America Online Banking customers, and more.

Mobile Web is included in all Nationwide Calling Plans. Megabyte charges apply on Basic and Select Plans. Unless you subscribe to a Data Package, Connect or Premium Calling Plans, megabytes sent or received using Mobile Web (including advertising) will be aggregated each month, rounded up to the next megabyte, and billed at $1.99/MB.†

†Rates are rounded to the nearest whole megabyte. One megabyte is equal to 1024 kilobytes. Application charges apply in addition to charges for data sent/received

Plan price for Unlimited Data for Smartphone/PDA is $99.99. That's just one line and only 450 minutes.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/14/2010 at 10:25 AM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I would argue that 5 numbers isn't even comparable to the unlimited mobile to mobile enjoyed by sprint customers. Everything Data with any mobile any time is $69.99 a month with the same amount of anytime minutes, plus Navigation, plus sprint tv, as well as unlimited calls to any mobile number... So in short. No.

Verizon has better coverage in some areas, just outside of Tacoma Wa and my sprint coverage is flawless where as my brother on Verizon drops calls left and right.
    5 numbers only apply when user pick up a 900 minutes plan, for $69, 79 plan, 5 numbers dont apply at all.
    Phone (Line 1): DROID by Motorola regularly $299.99 1 $199.99 Today
    One time Activation Fee $35.00 First Bill
    Change Phone

Accessories: View Included Accessories
    Add Accessories

Plan: Nationwide Basic Family SharePlan® 1400
    — 2-year contract $89.99 Monthly
    Change Plan

Features: 1500 messages PLUS Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging $15.00 Monthly
    Decline Insurance $0.00 Monthly
    Email and Web for Smartphone $29.99 Monthly
    View Included Features
    Change/Add Features

Phone (Line 2): DROID by Motorola regularly $299.99 1 $199.99 Today
    One time Activation Fee $25.00 First Bill
    Change Phone

Add Accessories

Features: 1500 messages PLUS Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging $15.00 Monthly
    View Included Features
    Change/Add Features

Package 1 Total Due Today*: $399.98
    Package 1 Total Due Monthly: $179.97

Enter Promotional Code:Add Promo

One Time Activation Fee $60.00 First Bill

Shipping Option ****
    Overnight Shipping - Free Free
    Order must be placed by 4:30 pm local time Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays). More Delivery Information

Taxes (calculated at checkout)

Total Due Today* $399.98
    Total Due Monthly $179.97

That's for 2 phones!! I pay less than that for 4 phones
    Here is the cheapest unlimited data/text plan as run through verizon's site...

Package Selection 1 Remove Package
    Phone: DROID by Motorola regularly $299.99 1 $199.99 Today
    Change Phone

Add Accessories

Plan: PDA/Smartphone Nationwide Email & Messaging 450
    — 2-year contract $99.99 Monthly
    Change Plan

Features: Decline Insurance $0.00 Monthly
    View Included Features
    Change/Add Features

Package 1 Total Due Today*: $199.99
    Package 1 Total Due Monthly: $99.99
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post

Package 1 Total Due Today*: $199.99
    Package 1 Total Due Monthly: $99.99 [/COLOR][/B]
    yup i thought the same thing a while back, i was like oh cool they have a better rate now, but its bs those rates don't apply to full internet phones... plan is even worse if you try to do a family package.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    Phone (Line 1): DROID by Motorola regularly $299.99 1 $199.99 Today
    Change Phone

Add Accessories

Plan: Nationwide Basic Family SharePlan® 1400
    — 2-year contract $89.99 Monthly
    Change Plan

View Included Features
    Change/Add Features

Phone (Line 2): DROID by Motorola regularly $299.99 1 $199.99 Today
    One time Activation Fee $25.00 First Bill
    Change Phone

Add Accessories

View Included Features
    Change/Add Features

Package 1 Total Due Today*: $399.98
    Package 1 Total Due Monthly: $179.97

Enter Promotional Code:Add Promo

One Time Activation Fee $60.00 First Bill

Shipping Option ****
    Overnight Shipping - Free Free
    Order must be placed by 4:30 pm local time Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays). More Delivery Information

Taxes (calculated at checkout)

Total Due Today* $399.98
    Total Due Monthly $179.97

That's for 2 phones!! I pay less than that for 4 phones
    I pay that much WITH taxes for 5 phones (w/ unlimited data/messaging) with Sprint and 25% discount. But still, there's no way Verizon can come close to that.
    Yup, $100/mo is right. I came over to Sprint from Verizon and was paying exactly that for the 450 mins + unlimited data and LIMITED texting on my Mogul (6800). I dropped down to $69.99/mo on Sprint and got more for my money, plus I have the $7 insurance and I'm still paying $20/mo less than Verizon (I didn't have insurance through them either).
    BTW...if you do care about navigation...add another $10 to that VZW plan. Just enable Roam Only toggle to your Sprint Pre and you can have almost the same coverage if you're worried about that.
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Verizon always expensive than any carrier.
    Folks who don't do their apples to apples comparison never understand it.
    Their claim of being the best network is allowing them to charge more.

But SPRINT gets you covered everywhere Verizon has a signal with ROAM only option.
    Unless one believes Verizon has better coverage than another carrier, and you fit their tightly defined criteria for not having to add to the plan (noone does), there is no reason to pay more as the plan costs will dwarf the price of the phone or any incrementally better features. I wouldn't pay at least 50% more over two years just for the privilege of a phone with more memory and storage.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Verizon always expensive than any carrier.
    Folks who don't do their apples to apples comparison never understand it.
    Their claim of being the best network is allowing them to charge more.

But SPRINT gets you covered everywhere Verizon has a signal with ROAM only option.
    True, but you don't get "Any Mobile, Anytime" free while roaming so you will use your up your minutes when calling someone on another carrier.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast