Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now that the Pre Plus is a reality I'm excited to be getting one. I've owned most palm PDA's and most Treo's (755p currently) and screen protectors have always been the easiest and among the most useful accessories in keeping them looking like new.

Because the Pre Plus eliminates the nav button there is now a smooth continuous surfact to protect instead of the need for a hole for the Nav button. And, since all future Pre's are likely to be "sans button" we all share the need for this product. And as I'm sure it's in Palm's interest to eventually have them on multiple carreirs there should be a large number before year end 2010.

Boxwave Cleartouch has been my protector of choice and they are always open to creating new products when sufficient demand exists. They currently have the existing "button hole" protectors for the Sprint Pre and recently replied to my inquiry about the Pre Plus protector as follows:

We currently do not have a ClearTouch for the Palm Pre Plus device at this time. However, I would recommend for you to place a product request on our BoxWave website if you have not done so already. We would appreciate your suggestion since we develop our products based on the number of requests we receive for a particular model.

Once a product request has been created, we will have your request on file, and will email you once the product does become available.

To enter your request go to boxwave dot com and click Community, then Request Boxwave Products for Your Device.

I've responded as ask your help in getting a large enough response to have this protector available soon. I have all the rest of the accessories for my Pre and really don't want to apply the "button hole" to my new Plus' smooth face.

Thanks

Randy in Florida
  2.    #2  
    Please help me lobby Boxwave for a Palm Pre Plus screen protector. See note below.

Thanks
    what note below?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ya what note?? I need one for my Pre Plus and quick!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I thought the Pre and Pre Plus had the same form factor. Shouldn't the Pre one work on the Plus as well? What am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenc View Post
    I thought the Pre and Pre Plus had the same form factor. Shouldn't the Pre one work on the Plus as well? What am I missing?
    its more like what the Pre Plus is missing.

the button at the bottom.

ZING!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    its more like what the Pre Plus is missing.

the button at the bottom.

ZING!
    Ha ha... forgot about that.
    I use and love the Boxwave screen protector on my Pre. I'd be tempted to use the one with the hole until they came out with a new one.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I'm using one now. Still on my first one. Boxwave is awesome.
    Last edited by edlex; 01/16/2010 at 10:16 PM.
  10.    #10  
    To lobby Boxwave go to:

To enter your request go to boxwave dot com and click Community, then Request Boxwave Products for Your Device.

The keep a tally of interest and manufacture when demand is sufficient. New Palm Pre PLUS has no nav button so the protector will be one smooth piece across screen and gesture area.

New Palm Pre PLUS hits Verizon on 1/25 so let's let Boxwave know!

Thanks
  11.    #11  
    hope to have new pre plus i my hands next week. anyone else need a screen protectors? See my 1/18 post for how to put your request in for Boxwave to manufacture one.

Great review just posted here on new pre plus!
  12.    #12  
    See my previous posts for how you can get Boxwave to make a screen protector for the new Pre+ without the button!
  13.    #13  
    Day one with the Palm Pre Plus and I'm really pleased. Easy to setup...actually quite easy to learn after years with Palm OS. Frankly the biggest pain is the screen protector. Since Boxwave doesn't yet have one for the Pre Plus I'm using the Sprint Pre version that has the hole for the navigation button. That means that each time I swipe across the otherwise smooth gesture area my finger runs across the button cutout on the protector. No blood...just a nuisance.

Hurry up Boxwave!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hi Floridarandy~ We are currently making one, and should be ready for release shortly! About a week. Haha we've been getting requests for this.

Cheers-
    So.. what's the texture like on the BoxWave product? I recently put a ZAGG Invisishield on my Pre and I'm very disappointed by the "grippiness" on it. I preferred the cheap generic Sprint screen protector I had before the ZAGG product because it was smooth to use. The ZAGG one adds too much resistance when I use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    So.. what's the texture like on the BoxWave product? I recently put a ZAGG Invisishield on my Pre and I'm very disappointed by the "grippiness" on it. I preferred the cheap generic Sprint screen protector I had before the ZAGG product because it was smooth to use. The ZAGG one adds too much resistance when I use it.
    check this thread...... http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...recommend.html

i have a PhantomSkinz on mine and its smooth. I bought a BoxWave but never put it on.
    Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for Palm Pre Plus

phantomskinz are by far the best I have used.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    I know what your talking about the grippy feeling. Ours is glass like, when I say it feels like your naked screen im not joking.

A lot of people dont like to compromise full protection of their device that is why they get zaggs.. But another solution is to get zaggs BODY protection, and BoxWaves SCREEN protection.

Heres a link to images of our screen protector: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2070174

thats my Pre~

try searching "boxwave screen protector"
    Last edited by BoxWave; 02/03/2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: link doesnt work...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I guess im the only one here who bought 5 generic protectors off ebay for $5 total and couldnt be happier...
  20.    #20  
    Boxwave protector...worth waiting for.
    Last edited by floridarandy; 02/04/2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: error in post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast