Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I have a Spanish Pre and going to be a few weeks in Ireland.

I'm going to turn off data on my Pre for avoid roaming charges but I have an Irish phone that I use for BT thethering with my Laptop

My question is.
    Can I use Bluetooth to "thether" my Pre to my Irish phone for be able to have an Internet connection on my Pre through my Irish Phone?

Cheers
    JD
    It doesn't look like it - I trust tied to tether mine to my Mac with Internet Sharing enabled. Pre couldn't connect to anything on the Interweb until I switched WiFi back on.

Mind you - it might be possible to force it by manipulating the routing tables from the command line.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    There's plenty of wi-fi in Dublin these days so you shouldn't be too bad. Most cafes have free wi-fi now.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hi,

I missed my Pre in my daily DART commuting big time :-(
    Just thought I would add to this thread for those who haven't tried it. It seems that freeTether (see threads on the main Pre forums) will allow pretty much any connections to talk to each other.

For the record I tried using the BluTooth tethering with the pre in both WiFi and 3G only mode and both worked fine when IP forwarding was turned on in freeTether. I also didn't get the annoying messages from O2 saying address sharing wasn't enabled which is what I got before using BT and 3G.

I also got hold of Mobile Hotspot (see the same threads) and can verify that this also works fine with O2 in the UK.

So, no more need for MyTether - not that this is something I would use more that once or twice a year but it is nice to know I can if I need to.