1.    #1  
    I wanted to uninstall preware and pkg mgr service after 1.3.5 update. I went to quick webos install, device management, and preware was the only one that showed up to "check" to uninstall. So I uninstalled it. On my "list apps" card it showed pkg mgr service so I deleted it from there. It no longer is in the "list apps" card, but when I went to update the apps on my phone using the giftbox updater, the pkg mgr service showed up as one of the apps. Please help me get rid of the pkg mgr service. Btw it's 0.9.24. Thanks in advance for the advice / help.
  2.    #2  
    anyone? help
  3.    #3  
    nobody can help me?
    for what reason would you even want to uninstall
  5.    #5  
    I took preware off of my phone...don't know why I would need the pkg svc too.
  6.    #6  
    what is the purpose of the pkg mng svc anyway? I just worry that it will slow my phone down somehow.
    as far as i know its for preware, filecoaster and installer
  8.    #8  
    I still have filecoaster on my phone...so I need the pkg mgr svs? Sorry to ask so many questions. I guess it kind of freaked me out when it didn't show up on webosintall when I uninstalled preware.
    pretty sure
  10.    #10  
    thanks! I guess I can rest a little bit easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    as far as i know its for preware, filecoaster and installer
    filecoaster does not use the Package Manager Service. That is the main reason why it is unable to install advanced homebrew packages, patches or themes.

If you use the latest WebOS Quick Install, it should be able to remove the package manager service.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Well, I'll ask here - Im on my 3rd pre, and this time around I forgot to do the 1.3.5.1 update before adding the theme, tweaks and mods, so if Im correct, I must un install every thing I just installed before letting it update ?

Is there a way to back up every single thing Ive done so I can just re install all at one after my update ?

and I hope updates dont happen much if this is the case ( having to remove everything before updating )

TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    Well, I'll ask here - Im on my 3rd pre, and this time around I forgot to do the 1.3.5.1 update before adding the theme, tweaks and mods, so if Im correct, I must un install every thing I just installed before letting it update ?

Is there a way to back up every single thing Ive done so I can just re install all at one after my update ?

and I hope updates dont happen much if this is the case ( having to remove everything before updating )

TIA!
    Anything you install via Preware can be left on the device, except for your theme (you must remove your theme before updating).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/10/2010 at 06:55 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks ROD!
  15.    #15  
    What is the latest version of webosquickinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by enzie5454 View Post
    What is the latest version of webosquickinstall?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17.    #17  
    thanks!