Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Howdy all, I've had my pre since August and just recently my WIFI stopped working. So I'm getting my new Pre from Sprint tomorrow, but I've got the light blue theme stuck on my phone... It won't go away. And my WebOS Quickinstall gets stuck and won't even open the themer anymore ("error: cannot read .xml file"). Now will this situation affect my phone replacemnt tomorrow??? Should I worry about this? Or just leave it be since they're gonna wipe the phone and refurb it NEwayz???
    doctor it first maybe?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Use the WebOSDoctor to restore it, then upgrade the firmware and hand it over to them.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    okie dokie.... Thanx a mil!
    If you can't remove it I wouldn't worry about it to much.my friend had to return his for the same reason and he left all his patches on.he said the guy at sprint pulled the battery from his phone for him to use on his refurb so they never did any checks when he turned it in and besides their going to refurb it anyway so they'll wipe it clean before it goes back out
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjy724 View Post
    If you can't remove it I wouldn't worry about it to much.my friend had to return his for the same reason and he left all his patches on.he said the guy at sprint pulled the battery from his phone for him to use on his refurb so they never did any checks when he turned it in and besides their going to refurb it anyway so they'll wipe it clean before it goes back out

Thank GOODNESS!!! That's good to know! I'm glad I don't have to deal with WebOS Doc. And yeah that's what I figured they'd just refurb the flippin phone NEwayz

oooo thank you sir!!!! That makes perfect sense!!! At least I know now that
    I would recomment using the webos doctor to be on the safe side.. I recently got the run around because I had 5 launcher pages.. Luckily they gave it back and told me once I took it off they could replace it..

It all depends on who looks at it at sprint tho.. I would say it's better safe than sorry.. Especially if you have to start from scratch anyways..
    Before you doctor you could do a full erase, as well, which will have the added benefit of removing all your personal info from the phone in addition to resetting it to factory. The combo of the plus the good doctor should cya completely, no matter who looks at it.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    oooo nutz... Now I'm all worried again lol. But hey, wouldn't a full erase also affect what's on my Palm profile??? Like all the back-up info I got on there????
    No it should just erase all of your applications and whatever you have in your internal memory.

Webos doctor is going to erase everything anyways and then it will go back factory defaults. And don't be intimidated if you've never done anything like it before. It is really simple.

1. Download webos doctor (newest version) --> LINK
    2. Make sure your Java is up to date too --> LINK
    3. Open up the Webos doctor and follow the instructions
    4. Connect your Pre to your computer when it asks
    5. It should take about 30 minutes or so to complete everything and reboot
    6. After that log back into your palm profile and you should be good to go.
    webOS Doctor does not erase any content stored on the usb drive such as music, photos, videos, contacts, etc., which is why I suggested a full erase for any phone being turned in or given to someone else. As long as the phone has been running the automatic backups every day, or if you run a manual backup just prior to the full erase, your palm profile will be just fine.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    thanx for all the great help guyz... I'm omw to the sprint store now... I'll let you know how it goes. I didn't have time to do the WebOS doc deal so we'll see what happens :-/. Wish me luck!!
    when I brought mine in I had the original blue theme stuck on there because my touchscreen stopped working and the guy who did the replacement was just like oh where did you get that theme thats cool. He didnt care.
    Best of luck, have you done a hard reset yet?
    Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    lol hopefully my guy will say the same thing :-P. I did the hard reset already.
    I've replaced my Pre twice at my local Sprint store, once bc I dropped it and the hinge broke and another bc my external speaker stopped working.

Both times I hadn't touched or removed a thing in the way of patches and themes and the last time, the Sprint Store Manager even asked me how I did all that so he could do it to his! Lol
    It really depends on who you get at the store, at one of my local stores I introduced the rep to Preware one visit and the next time I went in he was showing off his new theme to me. hahaha

I know if I need to go in for a replacement, I'm going to go to that guy.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    once again guyz thanx for all the great advice! I got my new pre.... It feels all crisp n clean lol. Glad I got rid o those scratches! He didn't even bother to turn on the old one lol. He also gave me two new batteries, he said the old ones were defective!!