Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thanks to everyone who helped me out with my iPhone 3gs to palm pre transition! I decided to go with the sprint version due to the PLAN PRICES! Who knew that for 68 dollars a month I could talk to anyone with a mobile phone for free! Thanks!!!!! It is way better looking and acting(webOS) than my 3gs!
    glad to hear it
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Welcome to the party that is webOS.
    awesome! glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. as i'm sure you know, you'll definitely want to stay tuned to precentral and these forums, as the community (ppl here, webos internals, and homebrew crews) are a big part of getting the most out of your experience.

enjoy, and let us know if you need some pointers. or just want to argue. because, we all know that that is what forums are really for.
    congrats!

use keyboard more, WebOS is at its best when you just start typing for whatever you want to do. lunch app, google, wiki, find contact to email/IM.

orange+sym+p for screens capture
    orange+sym+r for reboot

you can get touchstone kit for $30 somewhere online
    you can also get extra battery for $10 a piece from ebay
    you can also get some nice skin (invisible shield, best skin ever, etc) for $8-20

let us know if you have any questions or problems.
    Last edited by clevin; 01/13/2010 at 09:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    you can try to call sprint and ask for the 20 dollars off 24 months discount to lower your monthly bill
    Welcome!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Glad you joined us. Have fun playing!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    awesome! glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. as i'm sure you know, you'll definitely want to stay tuned to precentral and these forums, as the community (ppl here, webos internals, and homebrew crews) are a big part of getting the most out of your experience.

enjoy, and let us know if you need some pointers. or just want to argue. because, we all know that that is what forums are really for.
    Yes, i'm always available if anybody needs somebody to argue with.
    My wife gives me ALOT of practice.
    Hey Blaize.
    Good to see/read ya.
    Gotta go right now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EAkrish View Post
    Thanks to everyone who helped me out with my iPhone 3gs to palm pre transition! I decided to go with the sprint version due to the PLAN PRICES! Who knew that for 68 dollars a month I could talk to anyone with a mobile phone for free! Thanks!!!!! It is way better looking and acting(webOS) than my 3gs!
    And remember that you'll be included into the Sprint Premiere program allowing you to upgrade your phone EVERY 12 MONTHS at the new-contract pricing on phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    congrats!

use keyboard more, WebOS is at its best when you just start typing for whatever you want to do. lunch app, google, wiki, find contact to email/IM.

orange+sym+p for screens capture
    orange+sym+u for reboot

you can get touchstone kit for $30 somewhere online
    you can also get extra battery for $10 a piece from ebay
    you can also get some nice skin (invisible shield, best skin ever, etc) for $8-20

let us know if you have any questions or problems.
    orange+sym+r for reboot
    orange+sym+u for USB mode (incase your touchscreen dies)
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    orange+sym+r for reboot
    orange+sym+u for USB mode (incase your touchscreen dies)
    aha, sorry my bad.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    can anyone help with the homebrew stuff? I have a macbook. thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    nm, figured it out! thanks for not flaming me!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I made the switch from a Blackberry 9700. I dont regret one bit.
    The Pre is an awesome device.