1.    #1  
    What does the Pre have that other phones don't?...how about a sense of style, mystery and coolness?...I don't know if this issue has been addressed, but my Pre is ooohed, aaahed and "Let me see it!" more than any of my friends IP's or BB's...the smooth river stone look catches your eye more than any other phone out there right now..the small but rabid fan base gives it a cache not found with most phones....and I 'm just gonna say it: Chicks dig the Pre!...my opinion may be subjective, but I believe it's valid, too....what's your opinion?...or should "coolness" even be cosidered a factor?.....I grew up w/ the Fonz....coolness is required!
    i showed my gf the pre and she said it looked like a shiny rock (shes got an iphone so shes jealous just wont admit it)
    I think it is smoken'
    dead sexy. and even more fun with the "pocket party" app. lol
    Last edited by igobytony; 01/13/2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: the party is in my pocket, not my pants. wait, what??
    Well, to me one of the big things is that I can do ANYTHING with just one hand. I can hold it in either hand and use my thumb to do anything I need to with it.
    that last post sounds so wrong, but it it does make the Pre "cool".
    That polished river stone look is quite awesome and I think the removal of the button on the Pre Plus has only helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigatoni1374 View Post
    that last post sounds so wrong, but it it does make the Pre "cool".
    haha, i was thinking the same. i guess it leaves one hand for your girlfriend. or, to be your girlfriend...
    chicks definitely dig the pre and the cards
    This signature for rent
    Looking at the other smartphone experts sites coverage from CES..These other phones (iphone, blackberry) got tons of accesories and new apps for there phone coming in the future. But none of these companies making Pre things. Guess it's not cool enough
    and they def dig the "pocket party"
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Looking at the other smartphone experts sites coverage from CES..These other phones (iphone, blackberry) got tons of accesories and new apps for there phone coming in the future. But none of these companies making Pre things. Guess it's not cool enough
    Having more Apps and accesories doesn't make those other phones cooler....just more popular...HUGE diffeerence...and not being part of the 'norm" is cool, isn't it?...or do we run the risk of being to cool for school, so to speak?
    "I'll give you my Pre when you take it from my cold, dead hands!"
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Definitely agree on all points. I'm 2/3 so far on conversions.

They go something like this: Wow! Nice phone! Can I play with that? Whoa... this rocks! {Cut to Pre purchase.} The failed "conversion" was heavily lusting after the Pre, especially after a recent demo of Asphalt5, but in the end felt that she needed to maintain her "push-to-talk" plan due to relatives scattered around the globe.

Conversion #4 is about to take the plunge on Verizon, which will give me some nice opportunities to benchmark my 1st gen device. She played with my Pre for a weekend while recently snowed-in in a Vermont inn (say that 5 times fast). It will be her first smartphone device. She now must have her own Pre...

Should point out that none of my conversions are particularly tech-savvy or "app-aware", so my results are certainly skewed towards new adopters.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Well, to me one of the big things is that I can do ANYTHING with just one hand. I can hold it in either hand and use my thumb to do anything I need to with it.
    that has to be the worlds greatest out of context quote
    Girls love the cards
    Quote Originally Posted by ccureton View Post
    that has to be the worlds greatest out of context quote
    Well, um, ok, um .... I read that in a fortune cookie once, yeah, that's ticket, a fortune cookie....
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoris View Post
    Definitely agree on all points. I'm 2/3 so far on conversions.

They go something like this: Wow! Nice phone! Can I play with that? Whoa... this rocks! {Cut to Pre purchase.} The failed "conversion" was heavily lusting after the Pre, especially after a recent demo of Asphalt5, but in the end felt that she needed to maintain her "push-to-talk" plan due to relatives scattered around the globe.

Conversion #4 is about to take the plunge on Verizon, which will give me some nice opportunities to benchmark my 1st gen device. She played with my Pre for a weekend while recently snowed-in in a Vermont inn (say that 5 times fast). It will be her first smartphone device. She now must have her own Pre...

Should point out that none of my conversions are particularly tech-savvy or "app-aware", so my results are certainly skewed towards new adopters.
    Nice! I'm 4/4. Fiance, brothers and brother-in-law. Been working on a coworker for a while now. He went with an iphone, but returned it before his 30 days because of coverage issues. He has a verizon plan due up in three weeks. Guess who I convinced to get a plus...
    ont the flip side, although I get to help him learn all about his phone, which I really love doing (especially when you turn pre users on to precentral and homebrew and you get to watch their eyes light up. But I digress), I will have to put up with his bragging about his phone being the "Plus model", which he's already started in with. At least I'll get a lot of time observing the plus and comparing it to the OG. Looking forward to that!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html