Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just would like to hear who does not run a theme, currently I am running no theme with just the 4x4v1 patch and the unhide DevMode and hide Nascar and NFL app. I really wish they would include in the next version of Quick installer the ability to turn the app launcher background to a few basic colors like black.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I like the default theme just fine, I've only changed the wallpaper.
    I don't install any themes. I also turned off the feed for the themes in Preware. I don't really care for themes and they are just one more thing to undo at update time. Patches, on the other hand, I cannot live without!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    No Themes for me. Switcharoo is doing it's thing, and that's about it.

Don't want to have to take all that stuff off and back on again every time a update comes out.
    no themes here.

i don't "trust" them.
    No themes here either.
  7.    #7  
    cool, thanks for the comments I should have made a poll.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i like themes, i used Rudolph and Pink Grunge Stamp and really liked the way they looked. when i uninstalled them, they came off clean with no issues.

then i tried a purple one (cant remember its real name), didn't like it and uninstalled it, but it left remnants of the part i didn't like (in messaging). i tried EVERYTHING i could think of to fix it and ended up doctoring my phone just now

so now, i am nervous about themes
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I don't install any themes. I also turned off the feed for the themes in Preware. I don't really care for themes and they are just one more thing to undo at update time. Patches, on the other hand, I cannot live without!
    Good thinking, I've already downloaded 18 patches since last Friday (when I fist got my phone), do they drain the battery? I've been experiencing really bad battery drain 16%+ an hour with just texting. No GPS, no WiFi.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    i like themes, i used Rudolph and Pink Grunge Stamp and really liked the way they looked. when i uninstalled them, they came off clean with no issues.

then i tried a purple one (cant remember its real name), didn't like it and uninstalled it, but it left remnants of the part i didn't like (in messaging). i tried EVERYTHING i could think of to fix it and ended up doctoring my phone just now

so now, i am nervous about themes
    Me too I think there are a lot of people that do not know what they are doing, I'm not saying all though. I think I am done with the theme.
    My opinion is that patches generally don't drain the battery (but I'm sure some can). I'd rather have other people in the know give you more specific answers.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I use the default theme (with custom wallpaper).
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Never installed a theme, turned them off in Preware, custom background image.
    No theme, only patch is Hide Nascar App. Even though it's hard to brick your Pre, running the Doctor and the subsequent recovery is such a pain....
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Good thinking, I've already downloaded 18 patches since last Friday (when I fist got my phone), do they drain the battery? I've been experiencing really bad battery drain 16%+ an hour with just texting. No GPS, no WiFi.
    I also never had a patch cause a drain. thats odd, I just checked today I have less than .86% DPH
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Currently running theme-less. Themes seems like too much of a risk/reward proposition. Only theme I've ever run (since v1.03) is simple black with texture and the 2nd version when it came out, and I specifically like them because of their minimalism. I don't do switcharoo either but I manually set the background to something pleasing every few weeks or so.. Can't wait for the themes I like to be 'certified' for v1.3.5.2 so I can install them again.
    no theme for me either, i had one once but realized the one that came with it is fine.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I also never had a patch cause a drain. thats odd, I just checked today I have less than .86% DPH
    I'm not blaming the patches for the battery drain, I was just asking if it was possible.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Also no theme. Not interested. I do change the wallpaper tho.
    For me it seems like themes make my entire experience just a little bit laggier.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast