Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    No theme here either, can't see the point.

I never theme windows either so I guess it's just me. I can't stand moving from one PC to another and finding everything looks different, I guess I feel the same applies to my phone even though I don't know anyone else with a Pre. My daughter gets grief from me whenever I have to use her laptop for changing all the icons around some of which make it almost impossible to see what you are clicking on, grr.

I have changed the wallpaper to one I like and added a couple of patches (and tons of preware) though so it's not that I am unwilling to play around.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

I use the iPhone-Black-Launcher Theme.

The iPhone Black Launcher theme seamlessly blends your display with your phone. The display now looks sharp and crisp. Many Palm icons are replaced with professional-looking iPhone icons.

Also try the Black Launcher. It keeps the Palm icons but with a black background to match the phone.

- Craig
    Never used a theme before. But this one i had to try. Awesome..
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I like the default theme just fine, I've only changed the wallpaper.
    what he/she/it said
    I tried the theme thing, but it just didn't do anything for me, except just add more aggravation when there was an OS update. Also, the icons weren't all there in correct display mode, and I worried I may ruin my Pre somehow.

I love the tweaks/patches and use them except for the Virtual Keyboard. That's another one that is more of a pain than it's worth. I'll wait for Palm to add it even though I have no idea what they're planning.

One thing I am curious about is when are we going to actually get these tweaks permanently on our Pre's, or the option to put them on with a Palm released WebOS Quick Install program or Preware app from the app catalog?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    No themes here, just a background.
    -Sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What? Why not?! Dude, you are SO missing out. Come on in - the water's fine! And while you're at it, here, have some Kool Aid. (Hmm, or has that reference come to mean join the Mac/iPhone crowd? Soooo not my intention here, I assure you.)

As far as themes go, I fell in love with the Original Blue Theme from the first time I saw it and while I've checked out a couple of other themes, I always go back to the blue. After what 2sslow explained to me in another thread (which he reposted here in this thread), I've made some modifications to the original download. The Original Blue Theme makes two patches to two .css files: the calculator.css, which isn't a big deal because I bet there's hardly anything else that patches that file, and systemui.css, which could be a big deal because there are other patches out there that modify that file. Actually, the thing that's a big deal is that, as far as I can tell, it doesn't actually patch those two files, it just overwrites them without making any sort of backup first. So I've removed that from my version of the theme, and all that's left is a whole slew of .png files that make my Pre all pretty and blue. I figure having different .png files isn't going to break anything on my Pre, and if I decide to pull off my theme and something doesn't remove properly, that's not so hard to fix. I definitely wouldn't have to resort to the doctor for something like that.

I'm also a big fan of The Original Blue theme, I think you might like the Space theme at prethemer. It's nicely done with a lot of blue...LOL Space Palm Pre Theme @ PreThemer. For those ppl who don't like to change the stock icons there are several nice themes like, Green Must Die for example:http://www.precentral.net/webos-themes/green-must-die
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    A word doesn't have to be a curse to be offensive.
    agreed like calling a palm-f@nb0y a apple-f@nb0y
    no theme yet until they develop a way i can keep them on and not worry when a update comes out
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Not running a theme. Never saw any point.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345