Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I had said that before, but someone pointed out that the ifixit teardown clearly shows the RAM as a separate chip. In other earlier revisions of the OMAP3, it was directly on the chip (or so I read at OpenPandora), but apparently not in the Pre's version.
    Cool im gonna check that out thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I wonder if TI had sorted out their fab issues with earlier OMAP3's and the Pre Plus now runs at 600Mhz.
    Pre = OMAP3430.

TI now has an OMAP36xx series which is a die shrink from the 3430. So I'm pretty sure they've figured out any fabrication issues by now.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Yeah, some "demo-er" was saying it was slightly faster but wouldn't give any exact numbers. I think the battery is the only thing in dire need of a major upgrade. All those features are useless without decent battery life, and replacing the battery is a hassle because that back cover is a b!+%h to get off.
    I dont know how you are taking off the battery cover, but I just push in the button at the bottom with my thumbnail.
    maybe they clocked it t the full 600mhz and make the battery bigger to even out the added battery drain that will cause theoretically breaking even
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12