1.    #1  
    Hi

Since I upgraded to 1.3.5.2 the other day whenever I type a message, be it text or email or whatever, my Pre not longer capitalises the letter I, doesn't insert apostrophes and so on.

This may be a simple thing to sort but I'm a newbie to all this smartphone stuff!

Please help
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I miss that too. This may help.
  3.    #3  
    I don't get all the problems that guy has, only some like im instead of I'm. My auto corrects youre to you're but doesn't make an i on its own an I.

Weird how different people have different corrections.

By the way I'm running a standard Pre with 1.3.5.2 on O2 in the UK.
    I think it's good, for us non-english speakers it's been a pain in the ***
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    The auto-correct feature is embarrassingly bad but in some respects keeps me sharp.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  6.    #6  
    Update -

Decided to change settings to English-US from English-UK and it works perfectly! changes i to I, ill to I'll, youre to you're and so on! Can't find a fault with it! Tried changing back to English-UK to see if it was a glitch but didn't work

Apart from making the spelling/grammar better does anyone know what else changes when you change the language?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I just made changes to the file suggested in the link I posted in post #2. Considering that the UK file is 90k and the US file is 45k, thought there would be more useful stuff in the UK file, so I just added to that.