1.    #1  
    mytether 2.0.4 WIFI tetherring makes the camera not work after the patch.

Does the camera work again when the patch is removed? is it easy to remove the patch? I want to use it but I dont want my camera broken forever...
    Yes it does work again when the patch is disabled. But there have been issues with that patch and it sometimes requires WebOS Doc to fix the damage it does.
    I'm wondering why I donated still. I can't get it to work on my mac to save my life. I posted threads at the MyTether forums but no one answered. I really want to get USB working but it seems that I can't. I don't have an airport card so no bluetooth. I do have wifi but I can't get it to work to save my life (not even showing up on computer). Maybe precentral can help me?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    i think Aonic is laying low until verizons "hotspot" drops on their pre's. He talked about ripping off the way the service works and porting it over to his my tether software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I'm wondering why I donated still. I can't get it to work on my mac to save my life. I posted threads at the MyTether forums but no one answered. I really want to get USB working but it seems that I can't. I don't have an airport card so no bluetooth. I do have wifi but I can't get it to work to save my life (not even showing up on computer). Maybe precentral can help me?
    I'm pretty unfamiliar with Macs, but would assume that it is easy for a Mac to recognize a wifi hotspot, which is basically what the pre becomes when tethering via wifi. Have you got all of the settings correct on the MyTether program itself? Make sure that DHCP is on, and also make sure that the phone does not go to sleep while running it. That will shut down the wifi connection. You can have your phone charging from your computer through usb, or from a wall socket, and the phone shouldn't go to sleep. Also, there is an option to disable the screen timer in the MyTether menu itself.
    If all else fails, Aonic is pretty cool, so I'm sure he would consider a refund if you contacted him directly.
    How do you normally detect and connect to a wireless network with your Mac?
    Last edited by morrison0880; 01/13/2010 at 04:58 PM.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoe View Post
    i think Aonic is laying low until verizons "hotspot" drops on their pre's. He talked about ripping off the way the service works and porting it over to his my tether software.
    That would be great. I am concerned about the legal issues that might come up if he did this. I wouldn't want to shine too brightly on our homebrew tethering options, or give homebrewers a bad name.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  7.    #7  
    Finally after 5 hours, I have gotten mytether to work with my XP laptop! I said id delete this but I guess some other people have questions so maybe I should leave it open for others to answer.

I could perhaps answer questions regarding windows XP SP3 and what I did to get mytether 2.0.4 to work.
    The current my tether version in a reck. I was able to finally get it to work today after a few hours. I don't know if I'll be able to get it to work again but I've decided to have a virtual machine with windows on it so I can always use USB tethering as a backup.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Yeah Mytether was great before 1.3 and this whole patch thing kinda leaves a sour taste.

On the bright side if you leave it in USB mode and turn on bluetooth you can share data that way.

Funny cause if you turn off mytehter while bluetooth is still connected a window pops up saying your not supposed to be tethering.
    so how do I uninstall the patch? I deleted the app and went to my camera and it still did not work. Can anyone help?

Also I noticed youtube and videos do not play do any of you have this problem?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
    mytether 2.0.4 WIFI tetherring makes the camera not work after the patch.

Does the camera work again when the patch is removed? is it easy to remove the patch? I want to use it but I dont want my camera broken forever...
    Why don't you just use it in bluetooth mode? It works fine, and you don't have to patch the camera. The only drawback I can see is that Bluetooth doesn't have the same range as WIFI... so you just keep your computer closer to your phone. Not nearly as much hassle as having to use a USB cable.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post

It works. Sounds like you're mixing up bluetooth and wifi. If you have WIFI then you do have an airport card. You probably have bluetooth also. Have you gone to the bluetooth prefs and paired your computer with your Pre? If for some crazy reason, you don't have bluetooth on your computer you can buy a cheap bluetooth adapter for like $15.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpitre001 View Post
    so how do I uninstall the patch? I deleted the app and went to my camera and it still did not work. Can anyone help?

Also I noticed youtube and videos do not play do any of you have this problem?
    You will need to reinstall the Mytether app, then use the option in it to remove the patch. Assuming, of course, that the DEVs server is working at that moment.

Either that, or a trip to the WebOS Doctor. :-\
    Follow me on teh Twitterz