1.    #1  
    First of all Hi all.
    I've bit the bullet and just ordered a GSM Palm Pre from O2 and need a few questions answered please :-)

1, are contacts only stored/backed up on the palm profile or can they also be stored on the sim card as per other mobiles?

2, is there anyway to create/edit/backup contacts via a windows computer?

3, can contacts be imported into the Pre as per my old Nokia N95 using a CSV excel spread sheet (i have loads of contacts that are not on facebook/gmail/yahoo)

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    First of all Hi all.
    I've bit the bullet and just ordered a GSM Palm Pre from O2 and need a few questions answered please :-)

1, are contacts only stored/backed up on the palm profile or can they also be stored on the sim card as per other mobiles?

2, is there anyway to create/edit/backup contacts via a windows computer?

3, can contacts be imported into the Pre as per my old Nokia N95 using a CSV excel spread sheet (i have loads of contacts that are not on facebook/gmail/yahoo)

TIA
    Sorry, no GSM here so can't help on #1

#2. Not directly from the Pre's profile (that I know of). I'd recommend either a Google account (free) or an Exchange account. You can sync from either of those to the Pre, then change them from Google or EAS to Palm - though I would not recommend that. The Palm Profile is really the least of the possible options to store your contacts (in my opinion). Keep them in the cloud.

#3 Again, nothing directly that I know of. Sprint in the US had a utility that would change your existing contacts over to the Palm profile, but I would not recommend doing so (see #2 above). Instead, import them from you CSV either into Google Contacts or Exchange, and then allow them to sync with your Pre.

There is yet one more option that I just started playing with yesterday (I have a need to sync contacts between a gmail account and a Google Domain account). You might want to check Soocial • Hassle-free contacts I'm not using it exactly the way designed, but it may suit you. (I have my Pre sync to my domain on Google Domains, and then have Soocial sync between that, and my gmail account so I can use Google Voice).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, soocial looks an interesting solution :-)
    I got my Pre 2 days ago from O2 and here's my findings!

1. Copy all your contacts to the SIM, couldn't find a easy way of getting them across otherwise.

2, Not that I found.

3, Tried to do something similar but no joy, best I could find was importing CSV into gmail.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for that, how you finding it so far??
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Palm Profile will not automatically sync your SIM card contacts, but it dose if you copied SIM contacts to Palm Pre contact application.

you can manually copy any contact from SIM card to your Pre, just select a contact and click menu and choose "Copy to SIM Card"

and if you have Contacts stored on your SIM card they will appears in contact application, but will not be synced/backedup till you copy them to pre.

also you can check how many Contact stored in your SIM Card. by opening "Contact" aplication, then click menu, then click on "Preferenses & Accounts" after that click on "SIM" and a message comes shows in numbers how many contact SIM have.
  7.    #7  
    Just a thought, how about an app that syncs with soocial?
    Enter your contacts in the app (or just via a web browser on the pre) on the Soocial website and all the contacts questions i asked above would be solved in one simple hit....
    What do you think, is it a viable solution to the multi contact sources problem?