1. npw
    Since upgrading to 1.3.5.2, Youtube does not appear to work fine. It definitely worked with 1.3.1, and very quick on my wifi network. Now I can search video's, view information when I select one but when I select play it comes up with the wait symbol for a while then just sticks on the thumbnail. This is true of wifi and 3g attempts.

Anyone else had this?
    I'm having the same problem on 1.3.5.1 (UK Pre flashed with Sprint firmware) - maybe 20% of youtube vids load, the rest hang on a thumbnail and the animated circle.
  3. npw
    That's exactly it, i think i found 2 videos that loaded out of the whole of featured and popular ones. Anyone on 1.3.5 or 1.3.1 with any issues.

do palm actually have a bug reporting mechanism?
    Same here FWIW.

Eventually it says "There was an error playing back the video"
    All my video's start up 1st time
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Mine do not work either
  7. npw
    Still wasn't working this morining, so did a Partial Reset and all seems to be working fine now. I do like this Plam Profile backup feature, you can do a Partial Reset whilst out and about and the phone is restored exactly as it was. Good stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I'm having the same problem on 1.3.5.1 (UK Pre flashed with Sprint firmware) - maybe 20% of youtube vids load, the rest hang on a thumbnail and the animated circle.
    Hey guys,
    I purposely didn't reply to this thread cause I thought the issue was with 1.3.5.2 as the original msg stated. I am also running my UK Pre flashed with Sprint 1.3.5.1. However I have no problems searching, viewing and d/l videos from youtube at all. I tried both on WiFi and 3G. Obviously over WiFi is much quicker. Could it be your 3G signal instead?

Are you running any youtube patches?

Cheers
    Vas
  9. npw
    though mine is now working over a partial reset, when it wasn', the issue was apparent under both wifi and 3g. Youtube worked fine under 1.3.1 so I cannot believe it was my wireless network suddenly going wrong.

Curious.
    Mine seems to be working just fine. I did however do a partial reset in order to remove a lot of unwanted entries in the phonebook due to my Gmail-contacts not being as ordered as they could've been when I first linked the account so it might have solved the issue there directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Mine seems to be working just fine. I did however do a partial reset in order to remove a lot of unwanted entries in the phonebook due to my Gmail-contacts not being as ordered as they could've been when I first linked the account so it might have solved the issue there directly.
    Why did you need to do a partial reset for that? Wouldn't sorting out the google contacts just update your phone and sort it anyway?
    mine work just fine post update
    Quote Originally Posted by npw View Post
    Still wasn't working this morining, so did a Partial Reset and all seems to be working fine now. I do like this Plam Profile backup feature, you can do a Partial Reset whilst out and about and the phone is restored exactly as it was. Good stuff
    Hmmm I really don't want to have to do a partial reset just to fix this.

Any WebOS internals folks know what may be causing this and if I can manually fix it any way? I am guessing some user data somewhere got corrupted or misplaced in the update process and maybe this can be manually fixed?
  14. npw
    a partial reset is easy though, you only lose some game saves in the process.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint Pre with WebOS 1.3.5.1. I was having the same problem with Youtube today. A reboot fixed it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
    Why did you need to do a partial reset for that? Wouldn't sorting out the google contacts just update your phone and sort it anyway?
    I don't know. It felt like the contacts didn't want to go away when they had once been added to the phone even after I had removed them from the google account.
    Quote Originally Posted by npw View Post
    a partial reset is easy though, you only lose some game saves in the process.
    what about call history and messaging history etc?
  18. npw
    good point, never thought of that, i delete messages as i go along.