Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1st phone I have ever lost. My own fault, lost it on the highway. As you can see from my avatar my truck is a project and I haven't finished it yet. Well it turns out that the pre fits right through the hole where my twin stick shift assembly comes through. I am still so upset about it. I have the pixi as well and I am saying flat out it is much slower than the pre. But man the keyboard is a dream! Asurian is overnighting me a replacement pre but I'm even more irritated now because we stil don't have a backup like the old palmos phones did, I know there is 3rd party but when will palm finally relize that we want a palm backup like were used to?????

I know this subject has been brought up countless times and I hate to keep bringing it up but I guess it's what needs to be done. As long as well keep complaining about it maybe they will devert some resourses to complete the code. They already wrote it 1 way for the dta yet didn't finish it to sync back. That's crazy to me and maybe the more we complain about it the better the shot we have of getting it to happen!

anyone else feel the way I do????
    Palm prē-ist.
  2.    #2  
    asurian let me down, my replacement pre showed up today, I was so excited! I honestly felt like an addict havin the sweats waiting....it showed up, yup. the damn slider is on track on 1 side. It's like a flappy switchblade. Needless to say they are overnighting me another. This sucks. I do have the pixi in the mean time but it is alot slower, I mean it's faster than my centro but no where near as fast as my pre was. My roommate got the hero and constantly killed my batteries playing with it, saying over and over I shoulda got the pre, told him don't worry you only have 10 more months. The next gen will be out by then. Lol
    Palm prē-ist.
  3.    #3  
    wow, so I got the second replacement pre today and it's face of the slider was also barely hanging on and the back cover wouldn't fit on it, tried several others I had and still couldn't get a back to stay on.... Who are these techs???? These phones are supposed to be rebuild and like new according to the paperwork they send with the phones, I mean neither had a scratch, but neither was assembled correctly either!

Anyways now they're sending me a brand new pre and told me to keep the backs and batteries, so when this new pre shows up i'll have 8 batteries. And I can say hands down, yes the centro batteries last longer and run cooler. I gave 2 different friends with pres a centro bat and they agree also. (I got my centro bats back).
    Palm prē-ist.
    yea i can vouch about how bad asurion sucks about pre replacements took my friend 4 of them to get one without discoloration or serious oreo
  5.    #5  
    so..... Waiting for my brand new replacement and my roommate just found my pre in the driveway in the snow, under his tire. Been ran over, parked on,rained on, frozen in the ice and snow, thawed, rained on multiple more times and there is no condensation damage! Freaking thing works fine, thank god for a dead battery! Lol so now the question is do I turn it back on and return the new pre till it shorts out, or turn on the new pre now and have to re hack it lol???
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    so..... Waiting for my brand new replacement and my roommate just found my pre in the driveway in the snow, under his tire. Been ran over, parked on,rained on, frozen in the ice and snow, thawed, rained on multiple more times and there is no condensation damage! Freaking thing works fine, thank god for a dead battery! Lol so now the question is do I turn it back on and return the new pre till it shorts out, or turn on the new pre now and have to re hack it lol???
    And people complain about the delicate hardware!
  7.    #7  
    I know right! It was fozen in a sheet of ice. All that is messed up now is that I had to reactivate it to get my data out and the profile restarted so all my patches/ tweaks/ and hacks are still in it but I'm not able to access them, so I will have to doctor it. BUT.....

asurian actually sent me a ''brand new pre in the box'' got it today, brand new... Had an extra sticker on it though, so I opened the box. Get this, it was covered in finger prints, the mirror has a scratch from the slider rail, face wiggles about quite badly (doesn't have bad separation though) and the slider sticks halfway! Oh and the esn doesn't match what they sent me. I'm really not liking asurian. So they are sending me a packing slip to return it, but since they haven't received the 2 previous broken refurbs they sent me this week, they can't send me a (at least working) phone until they've received 2 of the 3 phones @ least.

so luckily the lost pre still works because I can use that till it dies from current failure due to water damage, and when they figure it out I can get a new one.... But they still charged my account $100 with their non-refundable deposit....... No clue what is going on now though. All I want is a pre that works and is not already broken, is that really too much to ask?????
    Palm prē-ist.
  8.    #8  
    wow so i am definitly glad that i had asurian charge my sprint account. i called to ask if there is something i can do because i know sprints equipment policy but not sure on asurians, and i told the rep the story. he said the revised pre will be available next month and he said he notated my account so when i get the next phone from asurian just bring it to a sprint store and they will exchange it for the revised pre. we talked for a quite a few minutes. it was a really nice conversation, the guy was just as big of a geek as me and said i tell you what, and he gave me credit for the asurian non refundable deposit! i love sprint, i never call to ask for anything but they always give me free ****! prolly helps that i average over 10 referalls a yr though
    Palm prē-ist.
    What revised Pre?!? I received a brand new Pre (warranty date 12/22/09) after several refurbs didn't fix a problem, and already noticed that the hardware is more solid and the keyboard is clickier and less creaky. Did this guy give you any specifics?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  10.    #10  
    he said that sprint is rmac-ing the original pres and will be selling the revised ones, updated slider and clicky keyboard but said he wasnt sure if they are getting more ram or not, but he said feb availability as well as me asking all kinds of questions trying to work around the nda, any time i post what he said it gets taken down like this site has an nda
    Palm prē-ist.
    I wonder if he was feeding a line to you in order to keep your hopes up or not... This would be worthwhile for my pre to have an 'accident' and need replacement. Seems like around here the sprint store sees one that comes in and they automatically go straight to replacement without even taking a second glance at the phone. The last time I walked in the door, gave the gal my name and number, walked out and they called 3 days later to come pick up my refurb'd device to swap.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    so..... Waiting for my brand new replacement and my roommate just found my pre in the driveway in the snow, under his tire. Been ran over, parked on,rained
    on, frozen in the ice and snow, thawed, rained on multiple more times
    and there is no condensation damage! Freaking thing works fine, thank god
    for a dead battery! Lol so now the question is do I turn it back on and
    return the new pre till it shorts out, or turn on the new pre now and have to
    re hack it lol???
    You should keep it frozen for 5 years and if the Pre and Palm still exist at that point in time, you can resuscitate it for its new and improved life!
    he said that sprint is rmac-ing the original pres and will be selling the revised ones, updated slider and clicky keyboard but said he wasnt sure if they are getting more ram or not, but he said feb availability as well as me asking all kinds of questions trying to work around the nda, any time i post what he said it gets taken down like this site has an nda
    Thanks for the info. I will be interested to see what develops, although I am quite happy with the phone they gave me the other day. Can't get my upgrade until September regardless, so I still wonder if a Pre 2 (or C40, or whatever) shows up in June.

These phones are supposed to be rebuild and like new according to the paperwork they send with the phones, I mean neither had a scratch, but neither was assembled correctly either!

Check to see if they were even opened? when lying on its face the top right screw should have a black sticker over it that says Palm. If its still there they didnt do nothing to it and just sent it back out.

It happened to me. Bought a launch day Pre that had no Oreo, ran fine, but could not correctly connect to network. It was replaced with 2 fones others had returned (both were crap) then 3 different refurbs. Refurbs all had scratches and oreos and some sort of hardware problem. After my 3rd refurb I just gave up cause I was tired of dealing with it. This all happened within the first 2-3 months or so.
  15.    #15  
    so I'm still rocking the ''time capsule'' lol haven't had a problem other than 1st day I re-activated it the keyboard light kept flickering, so I took the battery out and put it in a samich baggy again with a bucha silica packets overnight and it's been fine since. Has a scratch on the screen that resembles my roommates' tire tread though lol, working fine just hope it lasts till the next ''new'' one shows up
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quit possibly the best thread I have ever read, funny and promising.
  17.    #17  
    .... this is starting to really tick me off, got a refurb today. horrible oreo, usb cover wont go in all the way, mirror scratched 2nd time i slid it open, slider sticks half way. sent it back. called sprint, sending me an advanced exchange.... this is getting real old.
    did another dr on the time capsule, keyboard doesnt light up anymore, has been getting hot, but still hasnt died
    Palm prē-ist.
    I still can't believe it's working at all. Have you tried to (firmly but politely) tell Sprint that at this point you want a brand new Pre rather than a refurb? As I posted above, it worked for me...

19.    #19  
    yeah i asked for a new pre and thats what they said they were sending me next.... refurb showed up.... broken. it had kitty litter or something in the battery compartment, filthy, just really gross, light coming from all around the screen and through the slider gap, and as i called saying how disappointed on how i was told it would be a new device the rep said well it says here it is, and i responded well its in front of me and it not. rep said how do you know? i said its beat, smells of cat **** and the receipt says refurb and so does the box. he said oh.

so i put the battery in and it kept power cycling as soon as it would load to the palm it would restart. so i couldnt exactly give that one a try.

got a real azhole rep and he said he could send me a new one if i paid 150 and signed up for another 2 yrs. i told him as politely as i could how insulting that was for a warranty issue that he might as well send me to retention. the phone was replaced 3 times in store, asurian sent 3 defective phones, found the 4th, works but powers down, freezes, and the keyboard doesnt light up anymore, sprint has sent me 2 defective refurbs and this guy tried to tell me well we have tried what we can........how about sending out phones that are fully assembled! or phones that are assembled correctly!he actually argued with me about wether or not it was insulting. he refused to send me to rentention and then i asked for his rep id number and he hung up. guy was a total az though,hope big brother listened in on that call.
    so i called back, tallked to a nice lady and she said wow, thats alotta notes, and sent me to multiple exchanges.sending me another pre...refurbed. and if this one is crap im either going through palm or driving to civilization.

by the way the time capsule has been a champ, its got a serious memory coruption and gets real weird,laggy and hot, but i forgot it in the truck the other night and it was like -20, i think the high for the day was -9 and well, the lights all work again! lol i have to restart it all the time, but at least i have the pixi as a backup
    Palm prē-ist.
  20.    #20  
    so lets hope that refurb #6 actually is a working device!
    Palm prē-ist.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast