Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please if anybody can help me with this issue. I have searched but cannot find a solution. If I plug my phone up to the wall it just shows a giant usb symbol. It wont charge or anything. I tried the volume up thing I dont think my up volume button is working neither. I dont know wat the problem is. I appreciate any advice!
    its dead let it charge for an hour then check on it
  3.    #3  
    everytime I check at first it shows the regular battery charging symbol then it switches to the big usb symbol.
  4. CoobeyMeyer
    Take your battery out for a minute or even an hour and put it back in if that doesn't work, WebOS Doctor it.
  5.    #5  
    will web doctor erase all my info, txt, call log, pics etc??
    yes but your profile backs up apps and contacts
  7. CoobeyMeyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    yes but your profile backs up apps and contacts
    Not necesserely, I backed up my profile prior to doctoring my Pre and all my apps were gone. Including one app that is no longer available in the app catalog which made me mad because it was the only one app I ever used.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyd1388 View Post
    will web doctor erase all my info, txt, call log, pics etc??
    Doctoring your pre will not touch things like your photos, music, documents, etc. It does not affect that partition. It will however take your phone out of developer mode, erase all of your call logs and text histories, and set the phone back to factory settings.
    It will also disrupt the patches you have installed, as well as any themes you have. Here is what you need to do if you doctor before removing any patches or themes.

Open upQuickInstall and go to device management. You will find the patches under 'Applications'. Check every patch you have and choose remove. You will get error messages as they uninstall. Don't worry, just click 'OK'. When this is done, reboot your phone. You should then be free to reinstall your patches.

Just some advice, I only use Quickinstall to tweak my dialer and my boot screen, as well as installing package manager and preware. Everything else that can be done by both Quickinstall and Preware I install through Preware. That includes themes, apps, and the majority of the available patches. You are right, Quickinstall and preware sometimes don't agree on what is installed and what is not, so that's how I keep everything separate. Good luck!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Palm back-up ONLY backs up App Catalog apps, NO HOMEBREW. And it really doesn't back them up, it keeps track of the applications and re-installs them after you've re-connected your profile.
    You need to hook it up to your computer and back up those photos manually.

It sounds as though you have a bad USB port or bad battery....take it to a Sprint store to have it diagnosed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Palm back-up ONLY backs up App Catalog apps, NO HOMEBREW. And it really doesn't back them up, it keeps track of the applications and re-installs them after you've re-connected your profile.
    You need to hook it up to your computer and back up those photos manually.

It sounds as though you have a bad USB port or bad battery....take it to a Sprint store to have it diagnosed.
    Not true. I've doctored my pre a couple of times in the last few months. It will not touch your music / pictures / other files, and it will not erase your homebrew applications. Everything on my phone was intact.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

11.    #11  
    thank u everybody for your help..what exactly does that usb symbol mean?
    does it say palm.com/rom underneath it
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Not true. I've doctored my pre a couple of times in the last few months. It will not touch your music / pictures / other files, and it will not erase your homebrew applications. Everything on my phone was intact.
    Intresting...I did not know this. I assumed it did a clean-wipe.

Is this also the case if you you are pre-1.3.x then Doctor to 1.3.5.1 as well? I'm thinking 'out-loud' as homebrew apps are in the /var/xx partition and post-1.3.5.1 they are migrated to the USB partition. This could be a scenerio where it could SNAFU..??
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Intresting...I did not know this. I assumed it did a clean-wipe.

Is this also the case if you you are pre-1.3.x then Doctor to 1.3.5.1 as well? I'm thinking 'out-loud' as homebrew apps are in the /var/xx partition and post-1.3.5.1 they are migrated to the USB partition. This could be a scenerio where it could SNAFU..??
    I know early on the Doctor would wipe everything clean, but that was changed after the first few updates. I can't speak for what you are asking, but I would say to back up everything you can, give it a try, and come back and tell us how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by CoobeyMeyer View Post
    Not necesserely, I backed up my profile prior to doctoring my Pre and all my apps were gone. Including one app that is no longer available in the app catalog which made me mad because it was the only one app I ever used.
    what app was it?
    I never lost anything when ever I doctored.

As for the prob, it could be a defective volume button stuck on up. ?

Smack if a bit to see if its that.:P
    The problem might also be with your USB cable or potentially a current problem in the ac adapter itself. If you have a camera micro-USB cable, try that to see if it makes any difference. If not, try a friend's charger and/or battery (swapping one thing at a time). If you don't have any Pre/WebOS friends then go to a store and ask them to debug it. If someone you know has a touchstone, or a charger, charge the battery 1/4 to 1/2 (no need to be exact) and then see if your adapter and cable are capable of finishing the job.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    The problem might also be with your USB cable or potentially a current problem in the ac adapter itself. If you have a camera micro-USB cable, try that to see if it makes any difference. If not, try a friend's charger and/or battery (swapping one thing at a time). If you don't have any Pre/WebOS friends then go to a store and ask them to debug it. If someone you know has a touchstone, or a charger, charge the battery 1/4 to 1/2 (no need to be exact) and then see if your adapter and cable are capable of finishing the job.
    It's also a good idea to bring your cable in with the Pre so they can test that out too.
  19.    #19  
    i ended up leaving it on the charger while it had the usb symbol up and then when i took the cable out the palm logo appeared and the phone restarted..so everything seems ok for now.. i think it is a problem with by battery or something though..thanks everybody
    lol and they say this phone is fragile :P
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast