1. CoobeyMeyer
    After doing a full erase I lost my Tweed free app and its not in the app cataloge. Does anyone have an .ipk that I could install through WOSWQI? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Just buy it, it's a good app. Support the Devs
  3. CoobeyMeyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Just buy it, it's a good app. Support the Devs
    I don't want to put in a credit card number and I want the free version.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    You can buy a refillable credit card it's like a gift card that works like a credit card, sounds like you are being cheap. I knew there once was a free version of Tweed, I just forked over the $2.99 because I know it's a great app.
  5. CoobeyMeyer
    You can buy a refillable credit card it's like a gift card that works like a credit card, sounds like you are being cheap. I knew there once was a free version of Tweed, I just forked over the $2.99 because I know it's a great app.
    I'm 14 Y.O. and I don't like to talk to my parents because they will sit me down with a lamp in my face asking me why I want a refillable credit card so I really neeed it free
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Why does a 14 year old need a smartphone? Looks like your parents have bigger issues on their hand. But I digress...Good luck kid.
    From what I understand the developers of Tweed have chosen to discontinue the free version. If you want Tweed, you'll have to buy the full version (well worth it in my opinion).

If you need a free client, you can go with Spaz, Twee Free or just point your browser to mobile.twitter.com
    Ask your parents to help you set up a checking account. Get a check/ATM/Debit card and use it to buy the app. It will pull money out of your account. And lets be honest, having cash in a mattress isn't the best thing ever, at least earn a little interest on your money, and it will help you develop good habits. Your parents might appreciate opportunity to give you the chance to learn how to spend your money responsibly. In addition this way you can't go into debt.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Why does a 14 year old need a smartphone? Looks like your parents have bigger issues on their hand. But I digress...Good luck kid.
    I think its cool he has a smartphone. Pre is a fun phone with a great touch screen. Stop being so closed-minded.

getting back to the post. Try Twee Free, nice and user friendly like tweed free.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    just use spaz or twee free both are great and twee free u laso can use in landscape view. the free tweed isnt available anymore. get twee free or spax.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I think its cool he has a smartphone. Pre is a fun phone with a great touch screen. Stop being so closed-minded.

getting back to the post. Try Twee Free, nice and user friendly like tweed free.
    You didn't answer my question, because there's not justification for such a poor investment.
    I think you'd be amazed the age of some of the homebrew developers for WebOS.
    Myself, I'm not amazed. Kids can figure these things out in a blink.

Now, as far as them needing it?
    Well yes, they very well may need it.

But I definitely don't think it's polite to insinuate that his parents have 'bigger issues' as if his parents are failing with him some how.
    Just call me Berd.
    Let's make this topic of what our kid needs or doesn't need a topic for another thread.
    It's pretty much a derail.
    Just call me Berd.
    Wow, your saying because of his age he cant have a smartphone. I've had smart phones since i was 13, and am 17 now and have a pre, is there a problem? I worked and earned money to buy them myself, and I'm fully aware on how to use them.

Why i need one? Why does anyone need a smartphone? Convenience so i don't have to carry a laptop around all the time, so I can check my email whenever etc etc..in fact you'll find any reason you have to have a smartphone probably apply to me too.

So what's the problem eh?

back on topic, you might want to email the dev of the app and ask them to send the free version too you or paypal money too him, or get a friend to etc. Or try a free alternative on the app catalog
    Last edited by kel101; 01/13/2010 at 03:39 PM.
    You didn't answer my question, because there's not justification for such a poor investment.
    Is this answer good for you....lets say a kid didn't want to carry around a PSP and a cell phone.

If the Palm Pre can provide nice 3d gaming, he conveniently has his gaming device and phone.

oh yah, he can watch youtube videos, text his friends. let his parents know where he is via cellflare. check the internet. Use a calendar to keep track of homework assignments. keep in touch with family and teachers via email while he is on the school bus.

AND....Twitter. So yes, its a shame for no trial of Tweed. Do you have a Paypal account? I thought you could hook it up that way too. Or buying a "gift" card maybe.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here