Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    dont know how many are returning it but i feel their pain
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I wasnt all that impressed by the phone to begin with, but they are really hosing the consumer...
    But those fees are in addition to Google’s equipment recovery fee of $350 between 14 days and 120 days after purchase. Within 14 days of purchase through Google, Nexus One customers won’t be charged the penalty.
    it's to prevent people from flipping them on eBay for a profit.

no big deal.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    The worst part is Google is charging $350 if you return the phone after 14 days! Like they need the money.
    Last edited by edlex; 01/13/2010 at 12:57 PM.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    no the big deal is how google is treating the nexus it can only be bought from them not on a family plan if you want it subsidized its all a little closed for the creators of an open source os
    Hasn't it got average reviews by most major blog sites anyway? I thinnk they still rank the Droid ahead by quite a bit.
    really so far ive seen it being hailed as the "droid-killer"
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no the big deal is how google is treating the nexus it can only be bought from them not on a family plan if you want it subsidized its all a little closed for the creators of an open source os
    and that has exactly what to do with the posted article?

buy it unlocked or buy another Android device if you don't like the way they're doing business with THEIR device and THEIR OS.
    no its just like it doesnt fit with what they say they stand for thats all take a chill pill im spoiled by web os
    like Google hasn't provided the world with countless game changing and innovative services, for free.

they have subsides on their hardware, just like pretty much every other carrier does.
    no im fine with trying to make a profit but making consumers jump through hoops is bad for consumers and google
    really so far ive seen it being hailed as the "droid-killer"
    really...where? Not trying to sound like a **** but even Engadget has been saying they would take a Droid over a Nexus at this point.
    no im fine with trying to make a profit but making consumers jump through hoops is bad for consumers and google
    404:hoopsnotfound
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Another overhyped Android phone
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    why the droid sucks too, hardware especially.
    <<<< WebOS Represent >>>>
  18. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    What other phone can you keep for 120 days and not get killed?

Re the family plan that you can't get at intial purchase, I've seen one post (haven't verified) that after you do the normal purchase on a new contract, you can call t-mobile and modify it to a family plan with no drama. It only makes sense, they're going to get more money with almost any family plan.

ADS
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    really...where? Not trying to sound like a **** but even Engadget has been saying they would take a Droid over a Nexus at this point.
    And remember when some of them were saying they would take the Palm Pre Plus over the Droid?
  20. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Most of this is based on a model that says their stock price goes up at a ridiculous rate- AND TAKES NO HITS - over the next 6 years. Hope I'm wrong, I like a lot of google's innovation, but these are the same guys who's overall ability to predict bear markets is nothing short of horrendous.
    Mostly, they want to sell magazines and adds; mention google and big bucks, done!
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast