1.    #1  
    In the past few weeks my pre has just shut off a couple times and not turn back on until I take the battery out then back in. The only thing I've noticed is that the phone is extremely hot at this time even though the screen has been off and the phone hasn't been in use for atleast 30 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    For the past couple weeks, my pre will just shut off and not turn back on until I take the battery out then back in. The only thing I've noticed is that the phone is extremely hot at this time even though the screen has been off and the phone hasn't been in use for atleast 30 minutes.
    Are you running apps while the phone screen is off? If you have a bunch of apps running, especially memory-heavy ones, the pre can get a bit hot. Given that, it does sound like you have a serious problem with your phone. Time to take advantage of that 1 year warranty that Palm give you. Good luck!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    i'm no expert but i'm wondering if its a bad battery? are you using any aftermarket chargers? i tried to use a usb charger in my car to plug in my pre once and it got hott quick, then the usb wouldn't work with my pc, then i plugged it back into original wall charger and it started working again and stop getting hott.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Are you running apps while the phone screen is off? If you have a bunch of apps running, especially memory-heavy ones, the pre can get a bit hot. Given that, it does sound like you have a serious problem with your phone. Time to take advantage of that 1 year warranty that Palm give you. Good luck!
    hmm so palm gives you a 1 year warranty, is that the one you purchase through sprint? or this is something else? what if you don't have warranty through sprint?

no its just a hardware warranty through palm on all their products
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    i'm no expert but i'm wondering if its a bad battery? are you using any aftermarket chargers? i tried to use a usb charger in my car to plug in my pre once and it got hott quick, then the usb wouldn't work with my pc, then i plugged it back into original wall charger and it started working again and stop getting hott.

No apps running other then Wifi and GPS are turned on.
    After thinking about it a little more, I think something is draining the battery very fast or the battery is bad because the 2 times it did this before I had to plug the charger in before the phone would even start back up and the battery was pretty well drained. This time it wasn't off for very long and the phone started up right away but the battery had drained a good deal.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no its just a hardware warranty through palm on all their products
    so, no matter where I got the phone, the phone has a 1 year warranty? I would expect you have to get rid of all of the patches and themes before you turn it in as that would probably void the warranty?
    pretty much
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    pretty much
    hmm my fiancee has a crack on her screen that came from the usb charger, i wonder if they will replace lol, time to him them up lol.

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Warranty issues can be taken care of at a Sprint repair center even without the Sprint repair plan.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Warranty issues can be taken care of at a Sprint repair center even without the Sprint repair plan.
    word... wow i didn't know this, they didn't tell me anything about this when i bought it, other than them trying to sell me a warranty plan through sprint. I had that when i had my centro, ended out paying $168 over 2 years for nothing.