Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I'm in quite the pickle now. Since the update, my has been acting strange. I can't install apps via the catalog or Preware, WebDoctor won't even run. Twice the phone has just blacked out (it won't come on at all). Today it went black so I tried holding the power button down to turn on/off. Nothing. Tried the reset option of sliding the silence button over several times. Nothing. Last resort > remove battery. *cringe* Now it won't get past the white PALM text. It's not doing the normal "pulsing glow" that it usually does. What should I try next???
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    I'm in quite the pickle now. Since the update, my has been acting strange. I can't install apps via the catalog or Preware, WebDoctor won't even run. Twice the phone has just blacked out (it won't come on at all). Today it went black so I tried holding the power button down to turn on/off. Nothing. Tried the reset option of sliding the silence button over several times. Nothing. Last resort > remove battery. *cringe* Now it won't get past the white PALM text. It's not doing the normal "pulsing glow" that it usually does. What should I try next???
    Keep trying to doctor. I had the same static palm logo when I tried to install the CPU Scaling patch. Took me 4 tries, and I started to get a sick feeling that my phone was bombed, but it finally worked. Don't worry. Keep working on it, and it will come back.
    BTW, before the update did you remove every patch and uninstall any theme you might have had? It seems that a lot of people new to the scene have not been doing this, so when the updates come through, their phones get a bit messed up, and in extreme cases become stuck like yours. Typically, the pre doesn't just "become stuck" like yours has. There is always a reason why it happened, and can usually be traced back to something the user did. All you can do iis doctor and learn from your mistakes. Good luck!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I had the same problem. Here's what I did:

1.) Remove battery and wait for a minute or two.
    2.) Once you get to the Palm screen, do a soft reset by pressing Orange+Sym+R

After I did that, mine booted back up normally and has been working great ever since. Keep me updated.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Well I did a little of both of the suggestions above. I took the battery out again it booted up finally. Then I tried the Doctor and it gave me an error (and the glorious opportunity to Send Error Report). So I closed the Doc and opened it again. Worked that time. Now my phone is refreshed and working - for now. I'll see how the App Catalog & Preware act later.
    And yes, I ran the Emergency Patch Removal before updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Well I did a little of both of the suggestions above. I took the battery out again it booted up finally. Then I tried the Doctor and it gave me an error (and the glorious opportunity to Send Error Report). So I closed the Doc and opened it again. Worked that time. Now my phone is refreshed and working - for now. I'll see how the App Catalog & Preware act later.
    And yes, I ran the Emergency Patch Removal before updating.
    Good deal! And just in case you DO have problems with your patches, Preware, etc:

Open upQuickInstall and go to device management. You will find the patches under 'Applications'. Check every patch you have and choose remove. You will get error messages as they uninstall. Don't worry, just click 'OK'. When this is done, reboot your phone. You should then be free to reinstall your patches.

Just some advice, I only use Quickinstall to tweak my dialer and my boot screen, as well as installing package manager and preware. Everything else that can be done by both Quickinstall and Preware I install through Preware. That includes themes, apps, and the majority of the available patches. Quickinstall and preware sometimes don't agree on what is installed and what is not, so that's how I keep everything separate. Good luck!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html