1.    #1  
    Now that the WebOS 1.3.5 update fixed Sprint Navigation's Speech Impediment and returned her to her full awesomeness, how do you think it compares to Verizon's VZ Navigator?

I found a YouTube that showed Sprint's was superior 2 years ago but is that still true today? Will the Pre on Verizon be as well served by their Navigator?
    does VZ navigator still costs $9.99/mo? Sprint's is free.

and Sprint's now is powered by TeleNav, absolutely on par with any modern GPS navigation devices.
    I'm curious to see if this will be a pay app as well. If I were to predict, I'd say pay extra. However it does work well. We pull it up on my wifes Razr on occasion when we travel. I cancel the subscription as soon as we are home, so only pay a few dollars.
    i think VZ offers it for free for one of their data packages similar to Sprints.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    i think VZ offers it for free for one of their data packages similar to Sprints.
    Just on the Moto Droid and thats just the 2.0 android update with google maps street view intergration.
    SCK Manager
    ATT also uses telenav, but they charge per month for it. VZ already gives google nav for the droid included, though, so perhaps they will also start giving telenav for free?

Not having to pay an extra $10 per month is nice on sprint. Just wish they wouldn't charge $.20 per minute for forwarding so I could make good use of my vonage line.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Some guy posted on this forum saying he worked for a Verizon store. He owns a Sprint Pre, but got to play with the unit coming out for VZ. His impression was that VZ navigator was better but I'd like to see a full review, since I use Sprint navigation a lot and I'm always very pleased with it.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Might be apples to oranges but, when I had VZ Navigator on my Verizon Blackberry Storm...it was practically unusable.

It took so long to reroute that, by the time it figured out the new route, you'd already passed the new turn it wanted you to take...so it would try to reroute again...and again you'd drive past the next exit before it figured out that it wanted you to take that exit. It was horrible.

And the $10/month fee to use it blows monkey c-0-c-k.
    Last edited by Habious; 01/13/2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: spelt a werd rong
    I hope to run Telenav on my Vz Pre Plus.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    My friend has the Moto Droid and said when he uses VZ Nav that when you get to your destination it shows a satellite picture of the address like you would see on Google Earth. I do not see that feature on our Nav.
    VZ Nav is free with his Moto Droid but was not with his last WinMo phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnknapik View Post
    My friend has the Moto Droid and said when he uses VZ Nav that when you get to your destination it shows a satellite picture of the address like you would see on Google Earth. I do not see that feature on our Nav.
    VZ Nav is free with his Moto Droid but was not with his last WinMo phone.
    The Droid isn't VZ Nav, it's a newer version of Google Maps that has navigation.

The Pre Plus will have something different.
  12.    #12  
    Well, how does the Droid's GoogleNav compare to SprintNav?
    I know we all want to carry only one thing. However, I already have a Garmin NUVI 250, so I see no need to also pay for it on V.

In addition, what do you do when you are using the GPS on the PRE and you get a call. I would think it must be dificult to fumble both the phoen call and GPS on the PRE, while trying to drive some place you have never been while at night, in the rain etc. Take care, Jay

PS at 9.99 a month you can have a GPS paid for in short shrift! If it is offered with adata package, I would have it on my PRE and use it only if my GPS is nto functioning or if I forgot it!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group