Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there is a good place to get Audiobooks that play on the PRE NOT USING CLASSIC?

Thanks in advance
    You need mp3s, and then just use the regular music app. Either rip audiobook CDs or find mp3 downloads. Amazon has them, Naxos Audiobooks has them on their site. LibriVox also has mp3 downloads. I listen to audiobooks on my Pre all the time!
    Last edited by MaggieScratch; 01/13/2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: I "listen" to ebooks, indeed.
    Palm III - Tungsten E2 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre - Impatiently awaiting a Pre 3!
    I get mine from my local library I download them straight from their website onto my computer and transfer them to the phone.
    does the Pre bookmark, as in if you stop listening at a certain point does it remember the next time you go into that book??
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    does the Pre bookmark, as in if you stop listening at a certain point does it remember the next time you go into that book??
    There is a patch that remembers the stop point for audiobooks.
    also the music remix app will bookmark any file.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    There is a patch that remembers the stop point for audiobooks.
    Where to get the patch?
    Bob
    drpodder will download and play librivox books
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I get mine from my local library I download them straight from their website onto my computer and transfer them to the phone.
    What's your library's web site?
    I have two, the county and city library. First is county

www.hcpl.net
    Welcome to the Houston Public Library: Linking YOU to the World

The Philadelphia library allows out of state card holders for their digital media. It only costs $15 a year.
    I have two, the county and city library. First is county

www.hcpl.net
    Welcome to the Houston Public Library: Linking YOU to the World

The Philadelphia library allows out of state card holders for their digital media. It only costs $15 a year.
    The Programs that will bookmark - do they bookmark within an Album (many tracks/mp3 files or only if the book's MP3 is one Track/File?
    Thanks!!