Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hi all. I had to give my phone in for repair yesterday as the screen had become totally corrupted. No idea what happened as it was on charge then all of a sudden loads of lines were flickering across the screen and couldnt really make out what it was saying. Tried doctoring to 1.3.1 which worked but the screen issue persisted.

Anyways, how long did it take you guys to get your phones back? They gave me a temp Nokia flip phone and its driving me nuts! I miss my Pre lolz. Plus since I moved all contacts to Google I now have to check the PC if I want to call somebody heh.

Incidentally, the guy in the shop said this was the first Pre he had seen returned since it was released! From reading this forum you would think nearly everybody had returned one at some point!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I have no idea how long repairs take as still on my UK release day Pre with no issues what so ever. Well apart from rubbish signal at my home. I try to make a point of ringing O2 about this once a week.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gAnDo View Post
    Anyways, how long did it take you guys to get your phones back?
    You'll find the info you want:

- here: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...pping-pre.html

- here: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-pre-dead.html
    Im sending mine straight to palm not o2, o2 use a 3rd party repair company, where as palm have their own place in england too. Feel a lot more confident sending it to them. Also be aware that with o2 if your phone is older then 14 (ithink) days they send you a refurbished pre if yours cant be fixed
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    ^ They, O2, send you a new one if you've already been supplied with 3 refurbed ones. Long winded, I know. Thats what I was told by O2 anyway.

How are you getting yours to Palm? via O2? Or via Palm's warranty?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gAnDo View Post
    Incidentally, the guy in the shop said this was the first Pre he had seen returned since it was released! From reading this forum you would think nearly everybody had returned one at some point!
    they always say that, Ive followed a guy in who was returning a phone and then I asked them when I got to the counter if they have had many returned and they told me mine was the first

When ive returned nokias its usually 2 weeks for a repair, not sure on pres
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    ^ They, O2, send you a new one if you've already been supplied with 3 refurbed ones. Long winded, I know. Thats what I was told by O2 anyway.

How are you getting yours to Palm? via O2? Or via Palm's warranty?
    via palm warranty, I actually have orders with both but choosing to go with palm over o2.

Actually o2 told me you can pick an entirely new phone (if you want)

Made me think about when the pre plus eventually comes out.... I mean all pre's will get oreo sooner or later.
    Really funny as I have just returned my Pre today also, mine kept resetting itself for no reason and the guy told me that this was the first he has come back with a fault.
    I tried all the usual stuff like webdoctoring it but no luck so I reluctantly handed it in. The O2 guy gave me a old Nokia flip phone also but I have dug out my wife’s old Sony Ericsson Cybershot to use in the mean time. He said to me it will take 7 – 10 days to be repaired or if it can’t they will give me a new one (we will see!!)

Just going back to these old phones shows you how good the Pre is – it is light and day ahead of all the other phones I have had. It’s only been away since 1.30pm today., 10 hours, I’m missing it like mad!!!!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Cheers guys, and yeah I had a feeling the guy in the shop was full of it.

The flip phone really is a nightmare... The Pre was my first smartphone and I could never go back!