Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    When are we going to see support for other major online music industry players on the Pre. I have been a Napser-to-go user for years and have been able to use it on older Palm phones. I don't believe in spending crazy amounts of money on album after album of music (neither do I download illegaly), so I like napster's unlimited download plans with renewable temp license. Also, Palm should enable the new Napster mobile website for the Pre.

Secondly, the Web OS browser will not allow me to open up and play Sirius/xm online music like my Internet Explorer browser can. Obviously, though pretty close to a fully enabled browser, it is not. I just think that Palm should look at these other music companies as doors waiting to be opened. Even if the market for it is slow/small now, you never know when it can grow exponentially. I for one am always recommending what I like, and I'm a big fan of Sirius/XM and Napster.
    Napster works if you go to their mobile site directly. m.napster.com. That's napsters fault for not recognizing the pre is a mobile device not Palm's (and somewhat of a complement).

And XM/Sirius, I feel your pain but those should both work perfectly once Flash works (next month). Which also isn't completely Palms fault. They fixed the GPU issues to allow flash to run but Adobe is slow on the release. So be patient, it's all coming soon.
    Blackberry is getting a sirius app this month. I wish we would get an official app too. Sirius is the one app I really want. Im really sick of pandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    I wish we would get an official app too. Sirius is the one app I really want. Im really sick of pandora.
    +1,000
    Tell me about it. As a long term Sirius customer would love to have a Webos player for sirius. I know once Flash 10.1 it pushed out to us we will be able to run the player via the browser. But I would love to a have a App for Sirius. Also an App for Verizon FIOS remote access. Just like DirectTV.
    Just my two cents!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Sirius is bad buisness!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Just to let you all Sirius radio listeners beware when you decide to cancel etc with Sirius be prepared to battle with them to cancel your service and they will reinstate your service and continue to charge you without your permission. Here is one link i found of all the people they have ripped off.
    Consumer Complaints about Sirius Satellite Radio
    I would love to see napster work in all its glory on the Pre. Does anybody know of any workarounds to get napster to run on the Pre like it does on a pc?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobags View Post
    Sirius is bad buisness!
    You having an axe to grind with Sirius has nothing to do with what the OP was asking about... and BTW, the 18+ Million Sirius/XM users might disagree....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    i started a request thread here, [Platform Request] - any chance for webOS support?[Platform-Request]-any-chance-for-webOS-support
    the developer wasn't opposed to it if the demand was high enough, he made a great wm app for sirus with favs, album art and lyrics. go request!!
    I too want XM, worked on old Palms, worked on Windows Mob, now on Iphone, now BB, we need one.

I would request one on Geeks as noted above, but do not want to create anymore accounts on anymore sites just to say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzman View Post
    Napster works if you go to their mobile site directly. m.napster.com. That's napsters fault for not recognizing the pre is a mobile device not Palm's (and somewhat of a complement).

And XM/Sirius, I feel your pain but those should both work perfectly once Flash works (next month). Which also isn't completely Palms fault. They fixed the GPU issues to allow flash to run but Adobe is slow on the release. So be patient, it's all coming soon.
    I just went there and it doesn't appear to be like my Napster account. Yes, you can search for songs and what not, but you can't play them (yes, I did sign in), you can only preview them and buy them.

Please, if I'm doing something wrong, let me know! I would love to be able to use my Napster account on my phone!
    Cant wait to get a siriusxm app, got to have my o&a on the go!