1.    #1  
    So today I've had my first MAJOR problem with the Pre. I woke up, and I couldn't use my touch screen. I've tried 4 battery pulls galore, yet the touch screen is totally dead. I know my next step is to do a Hard Reset, or to get another one...but the thing is that I have over 280 pics on my phone.

Is there anyway for me to force the phone into USB Drive mode by using the hardware buttons so I can retrieve them? Or are they lost forever?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    try Orange+Sym+U
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    So today I've had my first MAJOR problem with the Pre. I woke up, and I couldn't use my touch screen. I've tried 4 battery pulls galore, yet the touch screen is totally dead. I know my next step is to do a Hard Reset, or to get another one...but the thing is that I have over 280 pics on my phone.

Is there anyway for me to force the phone into USB Drive mode by using the hardware buttons so I can retrieve them? Or are they lost forever?
    As of 1.3.1 you can press and hold the orange key + sym + U after connecting your pre to your computer and it will put your phone into USB mode. Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    or try this

"Pull the battery out and let it sit for a couple minutes. When you plug the battery back in the Palm logo should not appear automatically. Hold down the Volume Up key and press the power button. This puts the phone in USB mode."
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Shouldn't your pics be automatically backed up in the cloud?
    If not, you can just copy all the pics from the PRE onto a new folder in your pictures/documents as a backup.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Shouldn't your pics be automatically backed up in the cloud?
    If not, you can just copy all the pics from the PRE onto a new folder in your pictures/documents as a backup.
    No THOSE don't get backed up
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by IRhino View Post
    or try this

"Pull the battery out and let it sit for a couple minutes. When you plug the battery back in the Palm logo should not appear automatically. Hold down the Volume Up key and press the power button. This puts the phone in USB mode."
    I'm about to try thr orangr+sym+u because when I do this trick, it likes to just hang on the Palm screen.
  9.    #9  
    Ok Orange+Sym+U worked! I was at the Lady Gaga concert last night and we got upgraded to front row for free and I took some gnarly pictures and very good ones of myself too. I thought they were lost forever!
    Ok Orange+Sym+U worked! I was at the Lady Gaga concert last night and we got upgraded to front row for free and I took some gnarly pictures and very good ones of myself too. I thought they were lost forever!
    Lady Gaga??? Dude.....
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Lady Gaga??? Dude.....
    The tree on the stage.... or a bunch of flower...
    Perhaps your Pre is rebelling to being forced to take pictures of that...
    Previously, there were several new users that left the factory protective screen on the Pre, thinking it was a screen protector (it is, but not meant to be kept on while using, it's only for shipping). After a few days, this causes problems with the proximetry sensor. You didn't by any chance leave that protector on did you?
  14.    #14  
    Ok first off...Lady Gaga is great...how dare you lol! The concert was hot! No trees or flowers on stage though lol!

Second...no I didn't leave that factory protective thing on there...I'm not a newb with this phone lol. I bought a case for it. The screen just stopped working. I did 7 battery pulls and then finally tried WebOS Doctor...and then things got really ugly.

Sprint is already on it though, and is ordering me a factory fresh (not refurb) new one that'll be in tomorrow evening. +100 for Sprint.

NOTE: I was able to force it into USB mode via hardware buttons, and get all of my stuff off of there before the phone went b00n. So thank you guys for your help!