Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    On the Palmcast last night, Dieter says he's dropping Sprint and moving to Verizon ASAP.
    That's because he lives in a rural area in Florida where Sprint coverage is minimal.

It's always going to vary by location. Some places get better coverage than others for a given carrier.

Location, location, location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    That's because he lives in a rural area in Florida where Sprint coverage is minimal.

It's always going to vary by location. Some places get better coverage than others for a given carrier.

Location, location, location.
    Yep, went to MS over the holidays, and was ready to throw my Pre away by the end of the week. No 3g Data and weak signal for voice lead to the battery lasting about 4 hours and the phone was unuable for anything other than calls or text, and was slow at that due to always trying to connect (Finally got smart and shut off data).

Here in NoVA I get a good 10+ hours on a charge, with surfing on the phone for a few hours a day, not so good though since I got NFSU
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    That's what the rules say, but I'm still trying to get my premier status with the $69.99 plan.
    if you have $69.99 plan for more than 3 months and not getting S|P status, call sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Coverage in No. Virginia is great! Only difference I hear is that Verizon customers can get service in the metro in DC!! I don't think Sprint roams on that.
    Actually, I have gotten great coverage in the DC metro (my parents live in No. VA). However, I would check coverage at your home specifically. My parents just switch to sprint from VZ and it turns out that their specific street has horrible coverage, but you move one block away and coverage is great.

If this is the case, get the phone, and then get in touch with sprint retentions and say your coverage sucks in your home. They will offer an Airave femptocell, and just say you don't want to pay for it. They will send it out to you and you will get 5 bars of signal.

I will say that I have had my Pre since launch and I have been loving it. However, you may consider the Pre+ if you are sticking to VZ.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I have Sprint, have for years, and I travel to Alexandria, Reston, Rockville(ok thats technicaly MD), on a regular basis. Have always had great coverage whenever there.

I have found especially lately since Sprint is on a crusade to get and keep customers, there customer service and desire to make sure you are happy, has really gotten tremendous!

As for as their data pricing plans, combined with Anytime Mobile, their prices cannot be touched for what you get with any other major carrier.

Just my 2 cents..
    Quote Originally Posted by XenDeKhra View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. Yeah, I would stay with Verizon if they weren't so expensive and rude... As long as Sprint's coverage is ok in this area, I think I will probably switch over.

Thanks again ^_^
    You might want to check on here, there are likely some Sprint users with Pre's planning on switching to Verizon that will cut you a good deal on their phone. You could get on Sprint with no contract...
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    you can't beat the Everything Data 450 plan. 69.99/mo and of course the "any mobile any time" I never come close to using all my min each month and I don't have a home phone. just think... how many numbers do you really call that aren't mobile numbers???

nobody can compete with this right now!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22
    you can't beat the Everything Data 450 plan. 69.99/mo and of course the "any mobile any time" I never come close to using all my min each month and I don't have a home phone. just think... how many numbers do you really call that aren't mobile numbers???

nobody can compete with this right now!
    That's exactly what I was thinking! Much better than what I'm paying right now for not unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    You might want to check on here, there are likely some Sprint users with Pre's planning on switching to Verizon that will cut you a good deal on their phone. You could get on Sprint with no contract...
    That's a good point. Anyone got one that they are planning on dropping for Verizon? I guess PM me if anyone's got one that they are planning on dropping for the Plus on VZ.
    And once Sprint get the New Web Os Device- He'll be back on Sprint again, Dieter bounces around to all carriers.

Nothing new here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12