Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
       #1  
    Yeah... this is weird.

    My phone was acting sluggish and I restarted it.
    Well, it shut off... and it didn't start back up again.
    I'm like okay, I can just do a battery pull. Nope, phone won't turn on.

    I've tried holding down the power switch while toggling the ringer switch, and everything.

    I even charged it overnight hoping it would come back to life this morning.
    Phone also isn't recognized when I connect it to the computer, so no Doctor or repair utility.


    I had like 3 patches and the Mueller theme. Nothing serious there...
    What could it be? I'm at college... so I'm going to have to like find a way to get a ride to a local sprint here, if there is one. Ughhhh.

    I'm just really afraid that they'll make me pay for a replacement. It's not my fault so I won't have to pay, right?
    Last edited by Kedar; 01/13/2010 at 06:46 AM.
  2. #2  
    Don't know, but good luck. You may have a different response from store to store though.

    PS- you might wanna try another battery from somebody at school first.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Yeah... this is weird.

    My phone was acting sluggish and I restarted it.
    Well, it shut off... and it didn't start back up again.
    I'm like okay, I can just do a battery pull. Nope, phone won't turn on.

    I've tried holding down the power switch while toggling the ringer switch, and everything.

    I even charged it overnight hoping it would come back to life this morning.
    Phone also isn't recognized when I connect it to the computer, so no Doctor or repair utility.


    I had like 3 patches and the Mueller theme. Nothing serious there...
    What could it be? I'm at college... so I'm going to have to like find a way to get a ride to a local sprint here, if there is one. Ughhhh.

    I'm just really afraid that they'll make me pay for a replacement. It's not my fault so I won't have to pay, right?
    After you charged it overnight did you try the battery pull again? If it doesn't work it sounds like you have had some sort of hardware failure. Maybe a bad battery.
  4. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
       #4  
    I have two stock batteries (because a replacement already had a battery). I tried both, before and after charging overnight.

    I'm guessing it's some sort of hardware failure.
    Well, wish me luck at the sprint store.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    .....
    Well, wish me luck at the sprint store.
    I already did.
    Check my first reply.
  6. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
       #6  
    OMG YES it started back up.

    Tried my last battery pull... wow what are the coincidences? Well, it's at the Palm logo screen... anything can still happen, lol.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    OMG YES it started back up.

    Tried my last battery pull... wow what are the coincidences? Well, it's at the Palm logo screen... anything can still happen, lol.
    You almost had a heart attack, huh?
  8. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    You almost had a heart attack, huh?
    Yeah. I just hope it doesn't happen again.
    It's bad enough you don't have a phone on your hands, but I also lose web access as well. :-O
  9. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #9  
    I have had this happen. What worked for me was after removing/reinserting battery, I immeditely pressed orange + sym + r (the reboot combo). Even though the phone seemed stuck on a black screen (and sometimes stuck on the palm logo), when I did this is started to boot normally.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  10. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #10  
    I'm stuck at boot and last resort is da doctor I guess...


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  11. #11  
    keep pulling the battery and turning it on.
  12. #12  
    I had this happen to me this morning... alarm went off, took a shower, came back to my phone and slid it open and nothing... tried battery pulls and everything. unresponsive for hours, dont know what happened but after pushing the pwr button throughout the day it finally turned on... I wonder what caused it?


    "Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
  13. #13  
    Tried holding the Volume Up then plugging in the USB cable?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  14. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
       #14  
    It's already fixed. Thanks guys.


    If you need to fix this, multiple battery pulls work.
    If stuck on Palm logo screen, Orange+Sym+R.
  15. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #15  
    I'm stuck.... drained through one of my batteries, wont get past boot. Will be seeing the doctor tonight after work.


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  16. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    I'm stuck.... drained through one of my batteries, wont get past boot. Will be seeing the doctor tonight after work.
    Orange+Sym+R if stuck at boot palm logo screen.

Posting Permissions