1.    #1  
    I was happy to finally see Classic back in the AppCatalog a short time ago.

Now I have reeached the end of the trial period I decided to wait until the update was available before handing money over. Maybe that was a wise move as it has vanished from the catalog again!

If I pay $30 and start adding data onto the virtual PalmOS device will Classic disappear in the future like it did with the 1.2.1 update?

I had put ideas of changing phones after January totally out of mind since I had Classic, looked at ares and had an eta on paid apps but good ol Palmface strikes again
  2. fakemirror
    Yes, Classic has been missing from the App Catalog for me all week since I upgraded to 1.3.5.1 (Sprint Pre). I raised a support ticket with MotionApps, who replied that Classic should be in the App Catalog. Great - BUT IT IS NOT.
  3. npw
    After I full erased my 1.3.5.2 pre I too could find it when I searched for it in the top bar. however, I found it by clicking on "popular" in the catalog and scrolling down the list. Quite a way down there it is, called "Classic Emulator" (three star rating).

Give it a whirl.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by npw View Post
    After I full erased my 1.3.5.2 pre I too could find it when I searched for it in the top bar. however, I found it by clicking on "popular" in the catalog and scrolling down the list. Quite a way down there it is, called "Classic Emulator" (three star rating).

Give it a whirl.
    Ohh excellent, thanks for that
    I can confirm this is the case on a GSM O2 Standard Pre running 1.3.5.2.

I tried downgrading to 1.1.3 and looking, no luck there either.

No idea how search works (Tags maybe, and so maybe no tags on the European version - since there's two classic entries I gather, one for US store and one for EU store?).

Thank you npw btw.

Cheers,

Peter.
  6. npw
    Didn't try it on a version earlier than 1.3.5.2, as have always just upgraded and left it. I'm sure I read somewhere that Motionapps said it should now be available for all european handsets after Palm accepted it. Can't for the life of me find the post again though.
    Didn't try it on a version earlier than 1.3.5.2, as have always just upgraded and left it. I'm sure I read somewhere that Motionapps said it should now be available for all european handsets after Palm accepted it. Can't for the life of me find the post again though.
    we’ll say it again here: Classic should now be available in Europe, besides USA.

However, we’ve received reports from several users that they have issues in finding Classic in the App Catalog (not only in Europe but in USA too). On European Pre phones you can try searching for “emulator”.

It is possible that you will you be unable to find it like this either. Since we’re not sure why this happens, nor we are able to determine if this is some kind of the Catalog bug, we’ve created a workaround.

Just visit Classic and follow the instructions there to get Classic.

It will only work in case you have webOS 1.3.1

Hope this helps!
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    BTW, feel free to talk about Classic in our dedicated sub-forum here (it is easier for us to track and talk with you that way).

And if the moderator could move this thread to our forum, that would be super great!
    Follow us on Twitter

9. npw
    Well, you can't get better than from the horses mouth

I was minutes away from emailing Motionapps until I decided to scroll through every application. How is one expected to live without Classic PalmOS in this day and age? Thanks for the workaround though.
    Well, you can't get better than from the horses mouth

I was minutes away from emailing Motionapps until I decided to scroll through every application. How is one expected to live without Classic PalmOS in this day and age? Thanks for the workaround though.
    Hey, always feel free to write to us, even if it only means saving you some time you spent on (re)search.
    Follow us on Twitter

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    BTW, feel free to talk about Classic in our dedicated sub-forum here
    Oh awesome! I missed that. Thanks