Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    It was interesting how you noted there was a distinction between Mac users and iphone users. I had not looked at it from that perspective.
    I will pretty much always be a Mac user for the same reason I hope to always be a WebOS user: they just work, and they work in a way that makes sense. With my Mac, if I didn't know how to do something, I would just try the way I thought it should work and I was usually right. Same with WebOS.

As sure as I am that I will never "be a PC", I am equally -if not more- certain that I will never be an "iClone".
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexHergensheimer View Post
    yes, we should.
    but as a contrarian, I can't have what other people have. if the Pre becomes the most popular phone, I'll get something else. I hated The Dark Knight, btw.
    Did you really and truly hate the Dark Knight? or the fact that it was so popular?
    Yeah, the Palm Pre is cool phone, luv the UI and muti-tasking and all of that, but another thing I really like about owning one is that you are in a exclusive club. You all have seen this, you go into a crowed area and all of the iclones have their iphones, they all look alike and talk alike, really cracks me up.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by skilletsauce View Post
    Did you really and truly hate the Dark Knight? or the fact that it was so popular?
    i merely didn't like it at the time; lots of moral inconsistencies ("spying on innocent people is wrong... but you can do it this one time, bruce") and silly plots like "i'm going to tape a cell phone to the wall of a boat and tell people there is a bomb on it," confusing motivations (did batman choose to save person x over person y from the explosion or was it a mistake?) and a badly structured third act. but after the world went nuts for dark knight, i decided i hated it. LONG LIVE THE PRE!!!!
    Great article and thread! Taught this 'PC' some history too.

Palm Pilot Pro, Treo 700w, Pre+ soon.
    WOW didnt know alot about what you posted until i read it. Welcome to the darkside luke
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    It was interesting how you noted there was a distinction between Mac users and iphone users. I had not looked at it from that perspective.
    I too have wondered about this phenomenon? I wonder what the business / marketing research types would have to say about this.

Personally, although I'm a mac user, I instantly judge (terrible I know) iPhone users as generally not very tech savvy, not capable of setting up your average smart phone. Thats not a bad thing cause thats apples market. But it's also why the iPhone is so revered, all of a sudden there was a hand held device that was just as capable as my 6 year old treo 270, but just a whole lot easier to set up, so really any hillbilly could use it. :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Great read. I choose the Pre because I know it offer the best user experience and WebOS is the best Mobile OS out there by a long shot. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Personally, although I'm a mac user, I instantly judge (terrible I know) iPhone users as generally not very tech savvy, not capable of setting up your average smart phone. Thats not a bad thing cause thats apples market. But it's also why the iPhone is so revered, all of a sudden there was a hand held device that was just as capable as my 6 year old treo 270, but just a whole lot easier to set up, so really any hillbilly could use it. :-)
    LOL... you might be on to something... my heavily pro-mac friend actually brags about his ignorance of what I'm doing when he sees me working in putty to mess around with my pre. That really baffled me.
    I got the Pre for exactly the same reason

In the morning of launch day, I compared it with my Palm OS Clie, the Pre basically faired worse then a flip phone on many areas, and in terms of functionality, could not hold a candle to the good old Palm OS. Yet there's this exciting feeling that it's a growing platform, the underdog. We are adrenaline chasers who like the feel of being the odd people in the forefront. I guess that feeling is also why Rubinstein left Apple for Palm, he is a startup guy. So with the excitement building inside, I went again in the afternoon and bought the oh-so-unfunctional Pre, just for the excitement. And I am glad I did, it grew on me and is catching up on Palm OS, on track to pass it and rocket into the functionality of netbooks.
    I would love to disagree with you re: worse than a flip phone, but remembering how laggy and virtually unusable the dialer used to be... and how many people I hung up on and calls I couldn't answer... yeah, it wasn't actually a functional phone at launch.
    I would love to disagree with you re: worse than a flip phone, but remembering how laggy and virtually unusable the dialer used to be... and how many people I hung up on and calls I couldn't answer... yeah, it wasn't actually a functional phone at launch.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12