1.    #1  
    I did a hard reset on my phone and my amazon mp3 music that I purchased is gone. How can I get it back?? Help please!
    you would have to contact amazon. For next time, make sure to copy them to your pc as a backup. They are drm free so it's not illegal or anything...
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen. Amazon will not replace them. The cs agent told me I would have to buy them all again. I was not happy about that.
    Better to purchase the music on your PC then copy it to the Pre.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    wow, on the pc you download multiple times, but on the pre...just once?
    They need to update the amazon app on the pre then to be able sign in to your account and download all purchased music.

if you bought it on your pre, why can't you login to your amazon account on pc and download it? does it not show up as purchased? then copy it via usb
    My purchased MP3 from Amazon show up in my Amazon account as downloaded media. I have not tried to redownload but I will check it out and let you know if I have any luck.

I did have the Amazon account on the PC way before I purchased the MP3's and made sure I used the same account on my PRE.
    I thought Amazon kept a log of that so you could download it again if you ever needed to. At least thats how its work the couple of times that I have downloaded something digitally from them.

P.S. And to Pottyvick Chuck is like the most awesomest show on TV
    Last edited by gladesmellzgood; 01/13/2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Chuck comment
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    A way to manage purchased music on your account is something Amazon needed to implement yesterday. They need to get on the ball.
    I think you're outta luck. When I signed up to buy Amazon mp3's the terms stated that I'd be screwed if I lost the songs (because of a crash or whatever) and would have to buy them again.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Great. What's the point of buying music from your Pre if you have to get a replacement device, like so many of us have? That's the last song I buy from Amazon, ever.
    There's no problem at all with the situation that you describe, as long as you copy them to your computer before you completely erase your device. As others have pointed out the songs are DRM free and it is very simple to do this.

Sorry, but to be perfectly blunt this was your fault, not Amazon's.
    I had the same thing happen, but when I called Amazon CS, the guy I spoke to just looked up the albums I told him I lost - there were only 4 or 5 - and he said go ahead and re-download them as if I was purchasing them again, and I wouldn't be charged for them. Of course, as soon as the last track downloaded I copied them over to my laptop, but maybe you just need to do the old keep calling back till you get the answer you wanted trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAhanger View Post
    Great. What's the point of buying music from your Pre if you have to get a replacement device, like so many of us have? That's the last song I buy from Amazon, ever.
    what's the point of taking pictures on your Pre, even? Simple. Back'em up. Same as anything else.

if amazon on the pc lets you redownload, that's gripe-worthy.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.